Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part V: "Rise of Sober Cow" –everybody run!

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part V: "Rise of Sober Cow" –everybody run!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by Cow View Post

AO and I bound to disagree before, oh wait, we already has. So, at least we keep you entertain.
I absolutely adore you Cow. I will never ever never ever never ever ever never stop giving you my gift of positive energy and believing you are going to get there. You will find your happiness damn it, if its the last (first or everything in between) damn thing I pray for.

You are just that special.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I not comment much Cow - maybe few times...but good job. Smiles
Old 07-15-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Is anybody watch show "True Detective." I recent binge watch and in first episode new detective Chole freak out old school partner Marty with this soliloquy:
"I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."
Chole turn out to be functioning alcoholic, atheist, nihilist recluse! I like HOLY CRAP, that guy is me! Very refreshing to see depiction of such a character. Series was total fascinating (excepting last 2 episode was big let down). Still, amazing acting by Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. And cinematography unbelievable.

Anyway, at some point Marty has have enough of Chole's dystopic perspective, and he say, "I want you to stop saying sh*t like that!" And Chole say, "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't imagine I'd forgo it on your account, Marty."

Maybe you has to be anhedonic atheist nihilist alcoholic to understand, but AMEN!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't imagine I'd forgo it on your account, Marty.

Exactly.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I loved that speech in True Detective. Hated the ending - it was totally uncharacteristic for Cole.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Touché, AO!

Guinea Pig, Cohle have lot of good speech. I like this one on myths of religion:

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of sh*t. ...You gotta get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say about your reality?"

And about the pastor:

"Transference of fear and self-loathing to an authoritarian vessel. It’s catharsis. He absorbs their dread with his narrative. Because of this, he’s effective in proportion to the amount of certainty he can project. Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain. Dulls critical thinking.
Too bad they crap out on ending! Was so close to being exceptional.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Cow! I can't believe I missed your grand re-entry yesterday but yesterday was... yesterday is over. Congratulations on entering Part 2!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey cow, that's great to hear you're sober I really liked True Detective too. I'm hearing rumors Colin Farrell is gonna be a lead in the 2nd season? We shall see.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

=Cow;4781803
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of sh*t. ...You gotta get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say about your reality?"

Old 07-16-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

You know, now that my head getting little bit clearer, I finding I really can look at family members who I was so angry at, and ...I even MORE angry at them!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I was excited, Cow. I thought "True Detective" must be on Netflix since you said you binge watched it.

I am disappoint.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You know, now that my head getting little bit clearer, I finding I really can look at family members who I was so angry at, and ...I even MORE angry at them!
I think I found that to be true for me, Cow. Lol. Well, maybe it gets a bit worse before it can get better. Hang in there.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

SJ, I think it gonna get worse before it get worser. My family definite look better through rosé color glasses.

Bim, no to worry, you can go to local library and check out first season of True Detective for free on DVD. My friends is always astonish that I go to library. Why you not just buy it Cow? Why you not just have so and so get you copy? Well, I a minimalist. I not want copy. That is beauty of library. You take it, you consumes it, and you gives it back. When I growing up, we was poor and only book and movie I get was from library. I think is very important to support library system.
*Because Cow Cares*
Old 07-16-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thata girl ! Get it out. Let all of the pain come up and out. That's how you transcend the pain.

The only way out is through.

I'm so proud of you, my heart can hardly take it !!!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Speaking of libraries... I have my copy of Infinite Jest unread on the bedside table. Due in two days. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Will be renewing that one.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Sure AO, you says that now, but when it not all end in love, light & forgiveness, you gonna swat me with you magic fairy wand!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sure AO, you says that now, but when it not all end in love, light & forgiveness, you gonna swat me with you magic fairy wand!
No true my little Bovine Princess.

I would never ever expect that from mud could come a lotus.

When you give yourself permission to feel, really feel the pain associated with trauma, not masked with the salve of self administered anesthesia, really cool sh1t starts to happen.

Have you ever heard of the Hindu Goddess Akhilandeshvari ? Her name translates to "Never Not Broken". I resonate deeply with that. I'm always broken. Always ripped and torn open. That's my normal.

It's through the chinks in the brick wall, that the light is able to filter in...

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/...lie-jc-peters/
Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

AO, thanks for that. I think I spent about 40 years broken in some way or another.

Love from Lenina
Old 07-16-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Please, who can keep track of all Hindu Goddess, the way those God/Goddesses sleeps around, is impossible!

Me too Lenina. I broken since early childhood. And it not poetic, redemptive, "a small light shine on the horizon if only I walks toward it" broken. It ugly, horrific, "spend whole life in vain try to resuscitate crushed spirit" broken.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
p***enger

I used to say I was broken. Or damaged. For a long time I thought so. Now I think I just thought that. Really, I was only human, and didn't know.

O, & as to family members, yes -- did you think sobriety would make you stupid LOL? Things we shielded ourselves from tend to become more clear when you're not in the bag all the time. You can take it, though. I'm sure of it.