Notices

90 days very close!

Old 05-14-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 days very close!

This weekend is 90 days for me. I couldnt havd dobe 90 days without the help of SR.......thanks so much!

Life has been great. Wanted to share a pic from the past week with everyone, was myself on a fishing trip with 3 friends (all sober friends). was a great week to spend! Life gets better every day!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Looks like it was a GREAT weekend!!! I love fish... what did you catch, and was it good?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice trout!! In a river no less, How was it? Great enjoying life sober isn't it?? I need that kind of encouragement. Thank you
Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

Nice fish!

I do a ton of fishing in the spring/summer/fall - mainly pickerel (walleye). Trout and bass ocassionally. I live on Lake of the Woods (big lake, parts in Ontario, Manitoba, and Minnesota).

Congrats on the (almost) 90 days! It's good to have friends to share your sobriety with.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thans guys. Yep it was really good. spent 5 days with good friends, eating good good fishing, and just plain having a great time.

Thats one reason why I post these posts. because I want the other 'new" people to recovery to see that theres so much more out there for them to experiance. It wasn't even 90 days ago I was a using drunk without a hope in the world. Now...I have 90 days sober, go on these trips and have an EXCELLENT time without drinking. I hope other new guys see me and try the sober life for themselves. Because trust me, I a low down drun like me can string together 90 days then anyone can!

Hang in there, life gets really good if your willing to work for it!

BTW ....tonight is exactly 90 days sober for me. thanks SR!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Moving forward is the best way to go......
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, what an awesome looking trout! Thanks so much for sharing - it gave me inspiration to complete 90 days And to go fishing for some yummy food! Thanks again
Old 05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I love fishing
Old 05-21-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

daywalker.thank you for your story so far,,im new to recovery aswell,,im just over 100 days,and beleive you me,,i too was at that place you are talking about in alcoholism just a short time ago! my life is also going great guns,unbelievable how things have changed.allsorts has happened and being sober has just been wonderful throughout!!! and now,this weekend the other half and myself (he got into recovery just after me) are booking a holiday of a lifetime to the states! we live in scotland.we are coming over for a month and going allover the place,i might add to stay with a few friends i have made on sr! what a miracle.all doors were shut to me before! not anymore.marvelous.congratulations on your time,,and carry on doing what you are doing,sobriety is to be enjoyed,not endured.