Notices

Should i be feeling like this at 108 days sober?

Old 04-18-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Should i be feeling like this at 108 days sober?

Hi guys, I'm 108 days sober, I'm feeling so weird its getting difficult!

How can I explain it....I feel like I'm losing my mind! Unable to think properly, lightheaded, I feel like my head is in the clouds, just drifting off into space, i dont feel like im present, .lol.

Yesterday I was trying to work out a calculation, i couldnt do it because my head is so muddled up! Normally I'm quite good with numbers.

As the weeks go on my mind feels more muddled up, brain fog, its really uncomfortable, I just want to feel human again! lol.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sometimes clarity is hard to understand
if things don't get better soon
never hurts to visit the doctor
MM
Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Bob, it is getting a bit ridiculous now, almost 4 months and feel like I did the first month!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your doc could help, always better to have piece of mind but it could also be PAWS.

They say it can kick in at anytime within the first year or so.

Hope your mind gets back to normal operations soon! ;-)
Well done btw!
Old 04-18-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Your doc could help, always better to have piece of mind but it could also be PAWS.

They say it can kick in at anytime within the first year or so.

Hope your mind gets back to normal operations soon! ;-)
Well done btw!
Thanks, the brain fog/unpleasantness is increasing as the months go on, the initial withdrawal wasn't too bad, now though....I feel so out of whack its scary!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think it's probably par for the course in early recovery. Could take months or years to repair from the damage of drinking to our bodies or brains. I would definitely check with a doc to make sure there is nothing else going on though.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I definitely still have them same feelings as well....I find that the lightheaded feeling is the start of a panic attack and my brain fog can be ok some days and horrible the next
Old 04-18-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Here is some info on PAWS. Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I am around 140 days.

PAWS | Digital Dharma
Old 04-18-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

And the spacey feeling from what I've been told is depersonalization...I've seen every doc possible and I think it's just par for the course but would definitely see a doc to put your mind at ease and it's a good time for a good checkup after years of drinking
Old 04-19-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrmellow11 View Post
And the spacey feeling from what I've been told is depersonalization...I've seen every doc possible and I think it's just par for the course but would definitely see a doc to put your mind at ease and it's a good time for a good checkup after years of drinking
Thanks Mrmellow, its like im constantly staring into space its really unpleasant, the past week everything just got awhole lot worse, its scary!

I'll make an appointment to see the doctor.

I hope this passes soon!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrmellow11 View Post
I definitely still have them same feelings as well....I find that the lightheaded feeling is the start of a panic attack and my brain fog can be ok some days and horrible the next
Yeah the lightheadedness and brain fog make you feel like your losing control of your mind!
Old 04-19-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

Go to your doctor.

For me, I had that stuff, couldn't even do arithmatic in my head for a while, when it returned, I was so happy.

We damage ourselves when drinking/using, it takes time to heal.

By 11 months, things were so clear, I was noticing things I had never seen before!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The doc I see said the depersonalizations is all from the brain fog and also in my case the anxiety is a big factor as we'll but they all agree it's from quitting drinking in my case but I've had blood work out the ying yang and a few medical procedures for them to be sure
Old 04-19-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by AlwaysSober1 View Post
Thanks Mrmellow, its like im constantly staring into space its really unpleasant, the past week everything just got awhole lot worse, its scary!

I'll make an appointment to see the doctor.

I hope this passes soon!

Hey, just noticed your latest post, how you are feeling is maybe just the paws thing but like you say a visit to your doctor does no harm at all, how is your diet these days?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober Today

I am dealing with this and I'm only a month and a half out. I can be having conversations with people and suddenly my mind floats off and I can barely process what they are saying to me. I hear them but it's like their mouth is just moving.

It's also really hard for me to focus on any one task. I have to take repeated breaks after only a minute or two when normally the opposite is true. (normally I'm not a great multi-tasker but single-task oriented).

It makes me feel like I'm a spacey dipsh*t or something.

eta: I've had bloodwork and have seen the doctor (rehab) so I attribute it to PAWS.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
Hey, just noticed your latest post, how you are feeling is maybe just the paws thing but like you say a visit to your doctor does no harm at all, how is your diet these days?
Hi stoogy, my diet is not too bad, drinking plenty of water etc, but I have been thinking of going to the doctors for awhile now, maybe a routine blood test to check everything is as it should be.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam View Post
I am dealing with this and I'm only a month and a half out. I can be having conversations with people and suddenly my mind floats off and I can barely process what they are saying to me. I hear them but it's like their mouth is just moving.

It's also really hard for me to focus on any one task. I have to take repeated breaks after only a minute or two when normally the opposite is true. (normally I'm not a great multi-tasker but single-task oriented).

It makes me feel like I'm a spacey dipsh*t or something.

eta: I've had bloodwork and have seen the doctor (rehab) so I attribute it to PAWS.
Could have written the same thing, its like I'm mentally slow, like a brain injury or something, paws is awful!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Go to your doctor.

For me, I had that stuff, couldn't even do arithmatic in my head for a while, when it returned, I was so happy.

We damage ourselves when drinking/using, it takes time to heal.

By 11 months, things were so clear, I was noticing things I had never seen before!
That's amazing sugarbear! To think you might never feel normal again is so difficult, when things do clear I'll be so relieved!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Have your blood sugar checked .