Notices

Dr. just called with my lab tests

Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
After nearly 30 years of heavy drinking, I had all sorts of health problems (elevated liver enzymes, high blood pressure, anxiety, etc). They all went away after I stopped drinking. I wish you well.
How often was the heavy drinking of thirty years? See, I think this is what is killing me is that I drank so much in such a short time period so the liver never had a change to regenerate.

I have ascites and nothing I have read about that is good. That has been my only symptom ever.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Kllme View Post
How often was the heavy drinking of thirty years?
For about the first 20 of those years I was a "weekend warrior" and I would binge drink mainly on the weekends.

The last 10 years of my drinking was 12-18 beers a day, EVERY day (with even more on the weekends).

I was VERY anxious towards the end, sure that I'd done some permanent damage, so I know how you're feeling now. Try not to get too anxious until you know the full story. It already looks like things aren't nearly as bad as you'd initially feared. Use this health scare to make some positive changes in your life. Quitting drinking is a great place to start.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
For about the first 20 of those years I was a "weekend warrior" and I would binge drink mainly on the weekends.

The last 10 years of my drinking was 12-18 beers a day, EVERY day (with even more on the weekends).

I was VERY anxious towards the end, sure that I'd done some permanent damage, so I know how you're feeling now. Try not to get too anxious until you know the full story. It already looks like things aren't nearly as bad as you'd initially feared. Use this health scare to make some positive changes in your life. Quitting drinking is a great place to start.

Thank you for your quality response. That is what I am looking for. Swapping stories, sharing symptoms and diagnoses from Dr's. I kind of guy I was a binge drinker in my 20's meaning everytime I went out (maybe once a week) the goal was to get completely trashed but when Sunday came, the last thing I wanted to do was drink.