Notices

I have made my decision

Old 04-15-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That has a meaning. However u feel comfy. Remember you took a giant step. We all went through what u did. Always keep in mind u are not alone
Old 04-15-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That thread reminded me of the days and nights I had .

UGLY .
Old 04-15-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
That has a meaning. However u feel comfy. Remember you took a giant step. We all went through what u did. Always keep in mind u are not alone
Thank you

Originally Posted by karate View Post
That thread reminded me of the days and nights I had .

UGLY .
Yes those were ugly things one did when drunk. I've been thinking about something Eckart Tolle said about how everything negative also contains something positive even though it might be hard to see. I feel this way about this weekend. I did some pretty bad things but the outcome of it was my realization that I must do something about this.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Exactly and I totally agree. There's a point you come in your life where u say ENOUGH. I think we were the lucky ones to see and do stg about that. Imagine the ones who still can still not see and still keep on doing the UGLY
Old 04-16-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Exactly and I totally agree. There's a point you come in your life where u say ENOUGH. I think we were the lucky ones to see and do stg about that. Imagine the ones who still can still not see and still keep on doing the UGLY
Yes I just hope I don't fall back into weekend binge drinking again. But as you suggested in your last post, I'm going to focus on doing something more creative instead of drinking and lying hungover in bed all weekend. Maybe il have time to read some books. Write music. Being with other people and focusing on getting to know them instead of just focusing on drinking beer after beer.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Heyyyy u write music? Isnt that cool. Do that. And dedicate itnto your first weekend victory. And definetely go out and have some fresh air. And at least for some time try to be around your nondrinker friends
Old 04-17-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Heyyyy u write music? Isnt that cool. Do that. And dedicate itnto your first weekend victory. And definetely go out and have some fresh air. And at least for some time try to be around your nondrinker friends
Yeah and i feel like im gonna get plenty of more time to do that. This is the first night of my sober weekend. By this time i would have had atleast one beer by now. But im gonna make some nice food and then workout. And play guitar. And wake up refreshed in the morning
Old 04-17-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by TheRuiner View Post
Hello there.

I am a twenty-seven year old male and yesterday I made the decision to stop drinking. The decision came to me after a weekend where I got black out drunk friday and Saturday. On friday I was on a date with a girl I really liked and unfortunately the drunken me showed his ugly face after too many beers. Things were going really well when before that. The night ended with us being angry at eachother and I can't even remember why. On my way home I fell asleep on the tram and woke up in the wring part of the city.

On Saturday I got *********, started arguing with random people, hit on a girl when it was not appropriate and threw up multiple times. Could hardly walk straight but walked the whole way home during the night. Had someone wanted to hurt me I would have been an easy target. Yesterday and today I've been feeling like ****, shaking and my heart rate is through the roof.

The two incidents mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg. I've hurt people, made an ass of myself so many times. Been drinking alone atleast every weekend and sometimes during the week. Most of the times alone. I've gone up during the middle of the night to steal wine from my parents.

I have both loved and hated the person I become when I'm drunk. I've had many fun moments but I realise now that I can't go on like this. It feels good but at the same time frightening. I've never really thought about quitting altoghether before. Thank you for reading. Felt good to get this of my chest. Wish me luck.
A really good honest assessment of yourself is always healthy, well done on making a monumental life change that will reap the benefits long term.
Congratulations👏
Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
A really good honest assessment of yourself is always healthy, well done on making a monumental life change that will reap the benefits long term.
Congratulations👏
Thank you. I hope it will get better in the long term. Right now im feeling kinda angry.. Without drinking it suddenly feels very lonely and boring to be at home.. Im taking it as a sign that i should do something about my social life. Or is everyone unstable and angry when theyve given up on drinking?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Thank you. I hope it will get better in the long term. Right now im feeling kinda angry.. Without drinking it suddenly feels very lonely and boring to be at home.. Im taking it as a sign that i should do something about my social life. Or is everyone unstable and angry when theyve given up on drinking?

I was extremely bored when I first quit, so much time drinking and now what? That's a very common syndrome, I would even jump in the car and go drives just to escape the house as that's where my drinking took place on a daily basis. Anger is another joy, I got over that one pretty quick as I'm quite a mellow type generally so I was fine in that respect, hobbies are huge if you can find something that interest you. But you will be just fine trust me I've been there my friend. Better days lie just ahead of you☀️☀️
Old 04-17-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You sound like a very wise young man. Keep on keeping on. We are all here for you.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am sooo excited. Let me know
Old 04-17-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Alcohol is poison!

I hear rumors from the conspiracy theorists that poisons are actually very addictive whether we are talking aspartame, alcohol, sugar, hfcs, msg, etc. Isnt that ironic? Substances that are supposedly "bad" for you are also somehow mysteriously "craved" by the body...... or perhaps its all from the physical changes and damage to the nervous system???

Weird stuff, but from experience........ i know it at least has SOME truth to it. My body was NOT happy that i quit........ i didnt throw up like the OP or anything like that, but i def felt it in other ways......... inability to sleep, shakes, anxiety, fatigue.

OP is taking a step in the right direction
Old 04-18-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone!

The second day of this weekend has gone relatively well. Haven't had any beers and haven't had much urge to take one except for a few times. But as the weekend progresses i realize more and more how i used alcohol as a substitue for feeling lonely. With some beers in me i never felt lonely or sad.

Anyway i spent the day playing guitar and going for a walk.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

That is the best newss. I am so happy. You are not alone. I am at a bday party. Everyone is drinking. Every single one. Tomorrow I will have a great Saturday. Clean and sober. So will u. You re not alone. And thanks for the update
Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I am a twenty-seven year old male and yesterday I made the decision to stop drinking.
Congratulations
for that's where it starts for most
making a firm decision

MM
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

That is the best newss. I am so happy. You are not alone. I am at a bday party. Everyone is drinking. Every single one. Tomorrow I will have a great Saturday. Clean and sober. So will u. You re not alone. And thanks for the update
Happy to hear Did you have fun at the party?

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Congratulations
for that's where it starts for most
making a firm decision

MM
Thank you!

I made it through this weekend without any alcohol. Even though i spent time with my best buddies who had some beers. I passed when they offered. I know one beer will only start the craving for more beers and that becomes the only thing i focus on, i forget the people around me. Great start on this journey, felt refreshed every single morning when i woke up. And today i made plans with a girl to have a picnic next weekend (completely sober for me offcourse). Good luck everyone and stay sober!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Welcome! You are very wise to be making this decision at 27, instead of 47 like I did. I wish I could go back in time, and choose not to drink while still in my 20's. You are going to be so happy. Really - it does get better.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SillyString View Post
Welcome! You are very wise to be making this decision at 27, instead of 47 like I did. I wish I could go back in time, and choose not to drink while still in my 20's. You are going to be so happy. Really - it does get better.
Thank you Yeah i wish i'd made the decision earlier too. But all the experiences i've had have led me to this decision so im trying not to think back with too much regret.