Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part III - Beware all ye who enter!

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I back bitches!

For those who not know Cow, it all start here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-mad-cow.html

Then it go on ad nauseum here,
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...r-edition.html

And now we here. Which is where, you ask? Well, I sad to report that I still in furious struggle with self. FURIOUS. I mean is like "Fight Club" Brad Pitt punching crap out of "Fight Club" Ed Norton! Only, we both looking like Brad Pitt, of course, because Cow very, very attractive superstar and such.

Anyways, little lambs, I working on it still, and was hoping I come back with better news to you, but, at least I come back. Enough about Cow, how is you all doing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cowhomesmall.JPG (20.1 KB, 1045 views)
Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I think you just broke the first 2 rules of fight club Cow. Wouldn't expect anything less from you. Glad to see you posting.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm happy to see you too Cow.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was just this very moment thinking about you, Cow. Seriously, this very moment.
I think I might be psychic or something. Wow.
I think of you and there you are.
Maybe I will go think on George Clooney now.....

Very glad you are here!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Cow!

How your udder be hanging gal?
Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

(((((Hooker))))) !!!

We moo-sed you.

Ok, that was a stretch. But whatever. I can get away with it right now because I'm having a hysterectomy and that gives me carte Blanche for bad puns. Hey - We can be sans lady parts twins.

Who's gonna mess with a peri-menopausal cow toting around a 16 lb calicified fibroid ?

Have bowling ball, will travel (?)

K....stopping now...

XO AO
Old 03-12-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Cow!!! Glad to see you! MOOHOO!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
p***enger

Glad to see you, Cow. Buildings are exploding & the President drove by yesterday in his motorcade, but that's normal in my neighborhood. Otherwise, nothing to complain of (but I will anyway, loud & often).
Old 03-12-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Oh hello everyone, yes, I take time off from SOBER RECOVERY site to focus on my sobriety. Ha ha moo ha! But no! Is true! Was thinking I not sure if this site healthy and productive to me. Is because I a writer for living and for decades have associate writing with drinking.

Also, I now willing to accept I maybe bipolar underneath my addictions.

Bipolar alcoholic writer. Wow. Can Cow be any more cliche?! Frak!

PS. My fibroids is adorable and very petite!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Writers and alcohol are often bedfellows, aren't they?

I was just explaining to my shrink yesterday about how the fifteen years I spent
studying poetry / being a poet came with the rider of carefully-cultivated alcoholism
as part of one's social obligation.

She thought it was pretty funny until I told her how many of my poet-friends from grad school were either dead (suicide usually--very hazardous profession) or now entering
late-stage alcoholism.

I can't even hang around them (the small group that is left) anymore.
Drinking always primed the muse, but lately I am finding she doesn't mind early morning herbal tea and discipline. That's been a revelation. . .
Old 03-13-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Cow

D
Old 03-13-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi, Cow!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is moovelous news! Welcome back!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

You mentioned that you were a professional writer--you might be interested in this. One of the requirements is to have a lot of social media connections.

I have traveled across the US and Canada by trains many times, and it is life-changing to truly feel how big this country is. It's also cathartic to meet its people along the way. And if you have never traveled in a private room, well--you've never really traveled. Anyway, Amtrak is offering free trips to writers:

#AmtrakResidency: Application Form
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Everybody still here! If I not severe anhedonic, that total would make me happy.

Hawkeye, you lucky, my muse not get out of bed for less than $10,000 and nice bottle of Malbec. Yes, is lot of writer who is into the drug and drink. Is chicken/egg situations. I think early trauma make for lot of artists, and lot of addiction.

D! ... ... wait, you not here to arrests me already, right?

Welcome Coldfusion, I not kind of writer where I can travel about and write whatever I wish. I work on shows and advertisements and stuff and has to be available. I does take train trip once, because [PHOBIA ALERT!] I afraid to fly. I sorry but Cows is not belong in sky! Unless I jumping over moon, and I not do hallucinogens anymore. I does love Canada, would be cool to train across Canada.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

$10,000 even without the Malbec sounds pretty good Cow
Poets (might as well) work for free. I also thought that was a job requirement. Stoopid me

Have you seen some of the amazing trips you can take on Canadian Railways?

http://www.royalcanadianpacific.com/luxury.html

Packages | Canada Rail Vacations

How's Oscar, by the way?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Cow, just curious - why do you think it is you are still sober? Today I read through a lot of your journey - and I did read the part about the accident - but is the trauma/reality of the accident is what's sustaining you?

I am still struggling, so just being nosey
Old 03-13-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hawkeye, Oscar is have huge bloom right now and as tricksy as ever. Thank you for links. No, I not get $10K day rate, I just making Linda Evangelista joke. But my muse certainly not getting out of bed for tea.

Freethink, no, I not sober. I was for short times during my tediously verbose threads, but it not take. It not stick. So I still struggling with you. Right now, I working to improve my physical health and bipolar condition, cuz is always when my brain go off/manic that I end up face down in bowl of Malbec.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Hawkeye, Oscar is have huge bloom right now and as tricksy as ever. Thank you for links. No, I not get $10K day rate, I just making Linda Evangelista joke. But my muse certainly not getting out of bed for tea.

Freethink, no, I not sober. I was for short times during my tediously verbose threads, but it not take. It not stick. So I still struggling with you. Right now, I working to improve my physical health and bipolar condition, cuz is always when my brain go off/manic that I end up face down in bowl of Malbec.
Oh, okay. No judgments here. Although, Cow lucky (see, there I was trying to speak in "cow" english) - with three kids, I can only afford boxed wine. Avoiding vodka like the plague. Malbec sounds like it must be a coveted wine?

I know you don't like to post in other people's threads for some reason (so I don't expect you to know my situation), but I am struggling with "mental" stuff as well. It can be a whole, complicated mess, huh. Anyway, please keep posting when you feel fit to. I enjoy your "cow" honesty.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Cow ive been reading your threads, they have made my day, as you combine the awfulness of dealing with addiction/withdrawal/consequences with comedy, and have mad me sad and happy in equal measures. Best wishes to you, hope you make it x