Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part III - Beware all ye who enter!

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part III - Beware all ye who enter!

Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Administrator

My thoughts are with you Hawkeye.

D
Old 04-15-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
My momma die 22 year ago but for me, is not time heal this loss, no, I honestly just feels more motherless every day.

Yes, one thing about my anhedonia, is I not have too much problem feeling emotion on bottom end of emotional scale. Tears, depression, boredom, envy, ennui -for that my brain chemistry is like, sure we can whip up some of those cocktails! But I ask for little shot of joy with twist of laughter and it like, SORRY BAR CLOSED!
How ironic, eh?! Here YOUR courage is obvious too, Cow. Your anhedonia is deeper then is angst, which just makes your efforts in recovery all the more bright and remarkable
Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Yes, and we all know our Cow IS bright and remarkable.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Just kidding, you right, I total remarkable.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Can I ask you a question, Cow?

What the heck is going on with Luke?!?

Old 04-15-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/325641-diary-mad-cow-part-iii-beware-a

Cow, I lost my Daddy when I was three years old. I remember him only in flashes. But I do remember he loved me with a love I've never found again. My mother married again several times but they were always "step fathers", who would have been happy if I fell of the side of the earth. They were jealous that my mom had been married before, I guess.

You never get over the loss of a beloved parent. It leaves such an empty space. Does not matter how old you are. My Mom is gone now, too. She died young, also, and I do feel like an orphan sometimes.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

FT, I like playing sport and games. It occupy me. And my mind has big compulsion to WIN and perform well at such things. I use to play lot of tennis. I hope to feel well enough to get back to someday. When you playing sport, is not such personal interaction with other. Is more internal, is strategic, is contest. Is different from other social encounter where you has to perform emotional engagement with other or enjoyment of event or pleasant attitude, etc.

I glad you hanging in there. I total understand about wanting to want to quit. I stuck there for like 10 years. For me, so far, addiction has been 4 phase transition. 1) This sh*t is total working for me and I has no intentions to give it up and I not care if it kill me so step off. 2) This sh*t killing me and robbing my life, I know, but it still kind of working for me and is really only time I feel okay, and sometime even good, so even though I should total quit I really not want to. 3) This sh*t not working for me anymore. It not even feel good and consequences is horrific. And now body, brain, mind and life is ravage and lying in tatter and rags. Holy crap! What is I done! I desperately needs to quit right now if I to stand any chance to have real life and fulfillments. 4) Uh oh, this sh*t really hard to quit!!

I hope soon to moves onto phase 5) So I finally quits this sh*t, now what?!!

Hi Lenina, yes, is almost impossible to medicates me cuz of multiple constellation of issues, over-reaction to most thing, and uber delicate brain. Calgon takes me away! Good lucks with house hunt!

Olive, You stay in sunshine! Sure all us sourpusses is gonna hate you for it, but you keepa go girl!
Well, am I the only one who finds this interesting? I am one of those weirdos who, with drinks, LOVES social situations. Sometimes even without drinks, I just love talking to adults (since all I do is wipe ass and feed youngins all day). But wow, I am sincerely always impressed when any friend of mine engages in anything physical. I hesitate to say this, but your "outside" life sounds normal, and then some. And the historical society too? Wow! Most I contribute to society is some lame cupcakes for a PTA bakesale.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freethinking View Post
Well, am I the only one who finds this interesting? I am one of those weirdos who, with drinks, LOVES social situations. Sometimes even without drinks, I just love talking to adults (since all I do is wipe ass and feed youngins all day). But wow, I am sincerely always impressed when any friend of mine engages in anything physical. I hesitate to say this, but your "outside" life sounds normal, and then some. And the historical society too? Wow! Most I contribute to society is some lame cupcakes for a PTA bakesale.
So FT, if your husband has the corner office, why not get some help in a few days a week and find some adults in a non-drinking situation to spend some time with?

You really sound like you resent being a stay-at-home mom, so do something to change that. That might reduce your triggers to drink and make your home a happier place for the rest of your family and yourself.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

For me, so far, addiction has been 4 phase transition. 1) This sh*t is total working for me and I has no intentions to give it up and I not care if it kill me so step off. 2) This sh*t killing me and robbing my life, I know, but it still kind of working for me and is really only time I feel okay, and sometime even good, so even though I should total quit I really not want to. 3) This sh*t not working for me anymore. It not even feel good and consequences is horrific. And now body, brain, mind and life is ravage and lying in tatter and rags. Holy crap! What is I done! I desperately needs to quit right now if I to stand any chance to have real life and fulfillments. 4) Uh oh, this sh*t really hard to quit!!
Perfect description of first 4 phases Cow. I'm trying to make Phase 5: Wow! Back to the real world but I'm stronger, wiser and better than ever!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

FT, Um, I as no idea if my 'outside world' normal, cuz I has no idea what normal is. I know I acting, lying, manipulating, or is total check out 95% of time I outside my front door. Even if just is passing interaction with neighbor. Is this normal? I probable like sport cuz it take me out my head for a time. I use to LOVE club and socializing when the sh*t was still working for me. Hell ya. Every bartender in town had double double on rocks, (rocks in separate glass) waiting for me before I even got to bar. I would chat, flirt and dance the nights, weeks, years away. Of course, I was total oblivion at time so was not really me. (If there is such a thing.)

I agrees with Hawk that you sound box in and resentful of you situation. Maybe you regret hasing kids? I know you not suppose to ever admits such thing, but I think is probable common and perfect natural. I thank gods I never has them. I would has go off my edge for sure. Hawk give good advices to maybe get relief.

Elsewares, yeah, I still want my momma.

dSober, welcomes and lot of us is try to make Phase 5.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

i agree cow, the thought of having kids is terrifying, although i stuggled for years before cancer got me and had to have womb removed maybe was a blessing in disguise, but losing a parent, no, i couldnt handle that, that would be edge tipping for me, youre stronger than you think cow. In fact a lot of ppl on here are strong, sad we're painted as losers for being alcoholics
Old 04-16-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

... ... Oh, I a total loser for being alcoholic, Toddles. TOTAL. I could list hundred, thousand, million of thing I lost. Reason I throw rock (with love and light) at friends above when they start talk that Cow is courageous or remarkable is because, I really really not like euphemism. I really rebel against pink color glasses for the addict. Let get real: Addiction is ugly, nasty, vile business of loss and failure and lies and damage and miss opportunity and puke and pain and years and decades of infinite lives that could has been live. Yes, I still has good and valuable qualities. I has been strong enough to survive untenable sufferings. But I no champion. I not remarkable. Unfortunately my story all too common, very pedestrian. I very glad we here together, trying to overcome and make way to better life for our selfs. But is not that big of deal. Is nothing at all in scope of universe or earth or humanity. But, is our story, in our tiny corner of existence, is our dragon to fight, yes?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

but we're still human, i agree its terrible to be an addict, and a lot of us have ruined our lives in some way or another, its selfish and destructive but we still deserve some kindness, surely
Old 04-16-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Not so fast, Cow.

You are a remarkable and courageous woman nonetheless, and I for one will not sign on to you being a loser or whatever simply because you have addiction struggles.

Misery loves company, I've been there too. Its not how many times we fall or fail, its how many times we still get up and start again.

So there, lol.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

You sound like you got the humility part of recovery figured out pretty well cow.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by dSober View Post
You sound like you got the humility part of recovery figured out pretty well cow.
Well, I think Cow has the humility part all messed up, speaking for myself.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

How so Robby?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Toddles, et. al., please not misunderstands me. I has total empathies for the addict. Of course, we deserve kindnesses, like everybody else. But is what it is. When I say, "we losers," I mean WE LOST LOT OF STUFF. BIG STUFF! I just a realist, you know. Like one thing I not can stand about AA was how it so rah rah, clap clap, no judgements, ever! OMG! You been sober 1 day, here is wreath and gold doubloon! Frankly, I NEED judgements! I need to be call out, and challenge by my tribe, and yes, sometime maybe even need little diva bitch slap. (open hand, of course!) At end of day, our life not that big of deal. Nobody life that big of deal. But here we is, in our little blip of time, fighting our little fight. If we lose, in 100 year, who care. Not matter. Is only matter to us. This not meant to be cold or insulting. To Cow, is just reality. And that okay for me.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

"Dust In The Wind"

I close my eyes only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams pass before my eyes, a curiosity

Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind

Now, don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind (all we are is dust in the wind)
Dust in the wind (everything is dust in the wind), everything is dust in the wind (the wind)
Old 04-16-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Nobody life that big of deal. But here we is, in our little blip of time, fighting our little fight. If we lose, in 100 year, who care. Not matter. Is only matter to us. This not meant to be cold or insulting. To Cow, is just reality. And that okay for me.
Spoken like an authentic existentialist