Notices

7 days sober again!

Old 02-13-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kingtarquin

7 days sober again!

Well here I am again. My third time around at recovery. Last time I was on here a gentleman referred to a post which I had written about justifying drinking, and he responded by saying I wasn't ready to quit. Well he was right. I wasn't. I was convinced, you know what I like drinking. And guess where that led me. To feeling gross and numb again. I thought to myself when are you really ready to quit and leave behind the grips of the bottle. Does it have to be when I hurt myself or go to jail or what. I mean how do you convince yourself it's time now to quit drinking for good. I cannot drink in moderation. I just can't. I can stay sober for six months at a time but after a while I convince myself everything is hunky dory. Go grab a beer with the guys. Yeah right, all I want to do when I order a beer is order a shot to take before the beer to speed up this inebriation process. Well I am just frustrated and somewhat disappointed AGAIN, at myself. It's time to begin this process again but with a different frame of mind I suppose. Sorry for the rambling. Just confused with all this power over me. Aloha!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome back
I'm not sure if you're in aa or not but I personally identify. Please read pg30-34 of big bk & make a self diagnosis. Then if shoe fits Google some mtgs near & go hear whats shared
I have it in my mind that I will never drink again w/o consequences
Old 02-14-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Freedom came for me when I accepted things would never change and there was no "winning" or "getting the balance right"

i was surprised to find the peace of mind that came with understanding i would always "want" a drink (although the power of that desire is a lot weaker these days) but i would embrace sobriety unconditionally

For me its the way to go
Old 02-14-2014, 01:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congratulations on 7 days xxxxx
Old 02-14-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Read the big book and start on the first page to the end. The book was written as a text to be read from the beginning. Don't jump around. It has a solution. Go to AA meetings and do the steps. Get a sponsor to help with the steps. Don't drink no matter what because that sets it off, that first drink. Think in one day at a time increments. If you want to drink call someone in recovery and get to a meeting. Avoid situations with alcohol. Don't give into the addictive voice telling you that you can control it this time...that is a lie. (((((hugs)))))
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kingtarquin

I read those pages and sure enough I can whole heartedly relate. Well 11 days again and here is to a new day.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kingtarquin View Post
I read those pages and sure enough I can whole heartedly relate. Well 11 days again and here is to a new day.
One day at a time!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kingtarquin

I want to stay sober please! I am writing this asking myself to please stay sober. Do it for me! 7 days again! How will I succeed this time. Failure is not an option!