Notices

constant argument

Old 08-15-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baxibermuda View Post
…..then I will submit to the constant am I , am I not alcoholic constant argument in my head.
The Problem – Am I an “alcoholic” question. For me it was difficult to answer.
Originally Posted by Xune View Post
I accepted that my alcohol use was a negative in my life.
The Solution – This concept was offered to me by an AA old timer with over 10 years sobriety as an answer. It helped me stay sober.

I hope it helps you too. Have a great day.

Edited to add: Wow this is an old thread! I didn't read all of the posts before responding but the comments I made above are still helpful - I hope!
Old 08-15-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi All I am celebrating 4 years sober today and want to thank you all for your continued posts and support I find via this forum. As I said before I am more of a reader than a poster but would encourage everybody to stay sober identify your own recovery goals and work towards these.I feel so much more content with myself and enjoy the freedom that sober living affords me I have just returned from two weeks holiday in Bulgaria and it was great to be on the beach at 6 am daily with a bottle of water, peace of mind , self respect and gratitude than to sit there alcohol in hand feeling self hatred , defeated and suffering the internal spiritual hangover. Wishing you all a good day

Thanks
Congrats on 4 years Bax, that is fantastic! Don't be a stranger!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
2/2016

Thank you for checking in, you are an inspiration.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations baxibermuda

D
Old 01-07-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi all I shared at an aa meeting yesterday and spoke of my post on 13/8/13 as a message to me and my truth. I came back today to read my posts and thank everyone for their comments and my continued sobriety. To anyone struggling or thinking of a drink please do not lift a drink I know this is never the solution in the end alcohol always wins. I never thought I would say I love being sober and the life I am living. Whatever you are doing to stay sober please continue .
Old 01-07-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I never thought I would say I love being sober and the life I am living. Whatever you are doing to stay sober please continue .
Great message.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi all I shared at an aa meeting yesterday and spoke of my post on 13/8/13 as a message to me and my truth. I came back today to read my posts and thank everyone for their comments and my continued sobriety. To anyone struggling or thinking of a drink please do not lift a drink I know this is never the solution in the end alcohol always wins. I never thought I would say I love being sober and the life I am living. Whatever you are doing to stay sober please continue .
I’m so happy I found this thread and that you checked in years later! I really loved reading all the responses. Sometimes I get the thought “am I really an alcoholic?” but I know that is just my A.V. So glad you are doing well Baxi
Old 01-07-2018, 08:54 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Baxi,
Your story is very uplifting and I am so glad to have found it. I am coming up on 6 months soon and it is confirmation that I have made the right decision! All the best, have a great 2018!
Old 08-14-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi All

This seems to be my yearly update but a good one to write. I have maintain my sobriety for another year and celebrate 5 years alcohol free today.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and contended day
Old 08-14-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 5 years sober, that’s a pretty monumental achievement Baxter! You are free to check in more often than once a year too :-)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I argue with myself too. My mind will find reasons why it's ok, like "I've been good, 1 time is fine." blah blah blah. I notice if I let my mind wonder that direction, I will lose say 50% of the time. When I start to even think about a binge, I shut that down real quick and don't even allow my mind to go there. Distract, deter, whatever I have to do to get those thoughts turned off quickly!
Old 08-15-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 5 years baxibermuda

D
Old 03-07-2019, 11:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi all and a good morning Scotland I remain sober and never thought I would see the day that I really love being sober today I have gratitude for all that A.A. and the program have given me in my life but also have gratitude for what has been removed.today I have the power of choice and today I choose to be happy
Hindsight is a great thing and today I accept that the journey I had to take was the journey I had to take and that that was has led to today. Remember the world record for sobriety is 24 hours I wish you all a happy sober Friday go out and smash the day
Old 03-07-2019, 11:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats baxibermuda

D
Old 09-15-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning All as an update I celebrated 6 years of sobriety in August thanks for all who contribute on these forums. I never imagined a life free of alcohol however it is much more healthy and peaceful way of living. Good luck to all searching for sobriety today please do what needs to be done you are worth it

God Bless
Old 09-16-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow congrats baxibermuda

D
Old 05-18-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi All

I thought it was time I reconnected with this thread, I like to come back and read my ioriginal posts it keeps me grounded and helps me bulid on gratitude. Today I am still sober and have gratitude for this and the simple life I live. Reading back i can see I was so confused and living in denial. I needed to deflate the EGO and bring honesty and acceptance into my life. I hated the word alcoholic and did not want to assocaite myself with this as i felt it was a dirty word with lots of negative connatations. Today my freedom lies in the acceptance of my powerlessness and my willingness to continue to learn about me. Recently I was taken through the big book of alcoholics anonymous and although i did not get any flashing lights or sudden spiritual experiences what I did get were moments of peace of mind and grace where I knew I was going to be ok,I learned lots about me and my fears and insecurities but most importantly I learned that my way of living didnt work and that I was the common denominator in all my troubles and problems I now have a program designed to help me live with my emotional illness and at peace with myself and others.Today I can forgive myself and have even learned to love myself and play.
I have zoomed into meeting listed via this site and they are a wonderful way of staying connnected, what I have learned is that the recovery language is the same only in a different accent. Stay safe stay sober and stay connected.
Today I am invested in my own recovery and will not settle for mediocrity, we have a motto at my group Get yourself dressed in the morning and spread the sunshine.

God Bless
Old 05-18-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear from you baxibermuda

D
Old 05-20-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi All

I thought it was time I reconnected with this thread, I like to come back and read my ioriginal posts it keeps me grounded and helps me bulid on gratitude. Today I am still sober and have gratitude for this and the simple life I live. Reading back i can see I was so confused and living in denial. I needed to deflate the EGO and bring honesty and acceptance into my life. I hated the word alcoholic and did not want to assocaite myself with this as i felt it was a dirty word with lots of negative connatations. Today my freedom lies in the acceptance of my powerlessness and my willingness to continue to learn about me. Recently I was taken through the big book of alcoholics anonymous and although i did not get any flashing lights or sudden spiritual experiences what I did get were moments of peace of mind and grace where I knew I was going to be ok,I learned lots about me and my fears and insecurities but most importantly I learned that my way of living didnt work and that I was the common denominator in all my troubles and problems I now have a program designed to help me live with my emotional illness and at peace with myself and others.Today I can forgive myself and have even learned to love myself and play.
I have zoomed into meeting listed via this site and they are a wonderful way of staying connnected, what I have learned is that the recovery language is the same only in a different accent. Stay safe stay sober and stay connected.
Today I am invested in my own recovery and will not settle for mediocrity, we have a motto at my group Get yourself dressed in the morning and spread the sunshine.

God Bless

Thanks! You are an inspiration to me. I read your first post, and that is sort of my pattern (was). I am 1 month sober and hoping to make it many many more.

Thanks again!
Old 08-13-2020, 02:47 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning All

Today I am celebrating seven years of sobriety what a difference in my life there are many paths to recovery choose the correct one for yourself.
Stay clean and stay connected