Notices

Daily Reflections

Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily Reflections

For those of you who do not have a Daily Reflections book, I HIGHLY recommend getting one! It is filled with daily little morsels of inspiration! So every date of the year has it's on page, and December 1 has been by far my favorite. I thought I would share

"Suggested" Steps

Our Twelfth Step also says that as a result of practicing all the Steps, we have each found something called a spiritual awakening...A.A.'s manner of making ready to receive this gift lies in the practice of the Twelve Steps in our program

I remember my sponsor's answer when I told him that the Steps were "suggested". He replied that they are "suggested" in the same way that, if you were to jump out of an airplane with a parachute, it is "suggested" that you pull the ripcord to save your life. He pointed out that it was "suggested" I practice the Twelve Steps, if I wanted to save my life. So I try to remember daily that i have a whole program of recovery based on all Twelve of the "suggested" Steps.
I thought that was an amazing little story, and I hope that others do too! Have a great Tuesday!3
Old 12-18-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

for those interested, we have Daily Reflections threads in our 12 step forum ...like this one
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...flections.html

D
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, it is indeed a great book. I read it every morning as part of my reading/meditation before I check in with my sponsor and then go to work. I also highly recommend it.