Notices

Please help me

Old 09-03-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

had a extremely good but extremely tense day... triggers, didn't cave, even though I only got about 4 hours of sleep. I'm very tired after a stressful day, still smoking weed.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I would like to note that I had the fear that I was betrayed by someone close to me, and the progress I found is that I refused to harm myself any further than they did even if they did do what I had the thought of them doing. I refused heroin, even though I actually saw a person smoking it, when I stopped by my still addicted friend's house. I didn't desire it at all.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
Huge urges not to drink at all, then someone looks at you wrong, or it rains on you, or someone cuts you off. Then its the F-it attitude and off to the races you go again.
You sound like of man of experience!
Old 09-04-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I'm having a slight regression of my progress mentally, but am still my version of sober (just stoned.) The fixated thoughts have come back... not quite as bad as when I had first kicked H and M, but it's slight regression nonetheless... I am going for a walk soon, hopefully my brain will clear...

It's only been about a month still since I quit drinking, and opiates... in your experience, how long did symptoms last when you withdrew?
Old 09-04-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlexThedude View Post
It's only been about a month still since I quit drinking, and opiates... in your experience, how long did symptoms last when you withdrew?
Plan on a minimum of 90 days to really start getting somewhere with the mental impulses. It took me a little over 6 months to get rid of most of them. Hang in there though please, it does get better but you will only see the results if you abstain long enough.

You are doing great! Keep going strong.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

The urges continue to get less and less. When you make it to 2 months you'll notice that you feel alot more comfortable in sobriety than you do right now at one month. And at 3 months you'll notice an even more drastic change. Seriously I've been there and I'm not lying. Just hang in there man.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I'm at a stage of mind games. this is usually my least favorite part of withdrawals... my brain always focused on things I can't change, and drove me to drink. that's what's going on today, yet I haven't fallen off the wagon.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Still experiencing negative side effects. I've had a bad couple of days. I briefly had a meth flashback the other day. I did not want to drink once, and haven't come close to relapsing on anything more than weed, but it's been tough. My mind is rigid and it's hard to concentrate.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

worst day in quite some time... I still haven't had a drink. but tonight is really bad, my head is hurting very severely.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang in there Alex. Any appointments imminent?

D
Old 09-16-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

the only one scheduled right now is the psychologist,

waiting on regular doc still. feeling better now, I'm going to bed, class is tomorrow at 8.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Sorry you are struggling, Alex. Drinking or using will just set you right back. What exactly is going on? You mentioned fixating, rigid thoughts right? I had some of that. Still do sometimes. It improves over time.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I'm about a month and a half off of booze as I can recall... after a summer of quitting a bunch of substances and bad habbits. I've come a very very very long way in the past 6 months, but I'm still not fully recovered. I had a much better day today, but I'm still stressing out a lot about a simple overextension of plans, which led me to trying to reschedule with someone, but now they can't for a long time, and now I'm very conflicted as to weather I should call them and tell them I could possibly come pick them up, drive to the other person's house, stay for maybe an hour and a half tops, drive her back to her house, and then come back home by my new bedtime which is around 9-10... it's just a low yielding, probably nerfed idea at this point, but my mind keeps going back and forth, should I or shouldn't I? what do I want to do? I'm at a strange phase in my recovery process where I'm cognitively much better than I used to be, but I feel very insecure, and anxious. I think I'll just stay home tonight, but I've been worrying about it for quite awhile now. this is just an example of the type of thinking I often encounter, although not as often as even a few weeks ago.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Alex
Old 09-17-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Alex, I think that type of thinking and ruminating is normal at this stage. I certainly experienced it, and as I said, still do at times! I'm about 1.5 years sober and find that I get "stuck" in my thoughts and often end up stymied over things. It might be a personality thing too... I'm very much the type to live in my head, so to speak. And this is changing for me in sobriety, as I'm finding I desire to act more.

Have you read about PAWS yet?
Old 09-17-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hi Alex, ride it out.
You are doing great.
BTW I stopped thinking I'll ever be fully recovered 2 years ago and have not had a drink since then.
It's a day to day effort, my experience tells me that if I think I'm recovered then I can have a drink and if I have a drink well I'll have another.....

Sent using SR app on iPhone
Old 11-07-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Today I was very tempted to drink again, but didn't. I got very stoned, though, and am about to fall asleep because I took some sleeping pills.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're not drinking
Have you made any determinations about your other addictions Alex?

D
Old 11-07-2014, 10:01 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi Alex,
I too developed a problem with alcohol and drugs in college. I got sober during my final year of college and did well, although I did relapse several years later. I am now 5 days sober after periods of using and abstinence. I believe that an addict must refrain from all mind and mood altering substances, or else the alcohol problem will just be substituted. And eventually, it will all just take you back to drinking. If you want to be sober, give up alcohol and all drugs. And don't use any prescription drugs without a prescription and use them as prescribed. Good luck to you. It may take some time for you to get on the right track, and I just hope you don't encounter any serious consequences until you get on track.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Pot is the only substance I use, and I will admit it's become out of hand, but so far I've been able to stay off other stuff for about 3 months now... I'm not sure what to do about the cannabis, I do get withdrawals from it if I don't have any. I'll be posting on my new "yes it's true" thread in the marijuana addiction forum about it though, I plan to only post on this thread for alcohol related problems when/ if they persist.