Notices

Lost Disability Case Because Of Alcoholism...

Old 06-23-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
While people here at SR are usually very nice I get the sense that many haven't experienced complete & total loss due to addiction.

I have and it's a horrible life. I will continue to try to stay sober. However, I feel the relapse coming around the corner.
People don't know what they don't know. Unfortunately, they think they DO know and tend to be pretty vocal about it. Don't take it personally, yanno?

As for the last couple sentences......ca-mon Just. Yer a smart guy. You know better than to start talking yourself into that crap hole of relapse. I know you know there are better options....maybe not pleasant ones.....but healthier ones for sure.......and they'd be FAR more pleasant in the long run.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Edit

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
I did not intend to imply that you Just were doing that in my post. I can not judge people as to the legitimacy of their SSDI appeal to benefits. I know it happens, people "scam" the system. But I have bad habit
(poor judgment problem) of saying the wrong things at the wrong time. Pointing out that stuff on your thread was wrong of me and I'm sorry that I may have caused you additional stress.
I've have to do a better job of proof reading my post before I hit that post button LOL...oh me oh my.