Notices

3 Months Of Sobriety And.......

Old 05-01-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

3 Months Of Sobriety And.......

my life is still a train wreck. I have decided that it is going to take years before I clear up the wreckage of my past. I suppose my life is getting easier in some ways and harder in others. Physically I'm getting into top shape again. Running 10-15miles a week, biking ect... I can eat solid foods again also. I'm not shaking in the morning or waking up in Bond Court not knowing what criminal charges I have because I was blacked out. I'm getting lazy in my AA attendance & have gone from being enthusiastic to not caring as much towards AA. Anyways, it's good to be here and summer is almost here in Chicago so that's good.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I hope you will stay vigilant. When we start getting lax about our sobriety, it's easy to slide into the pitfalls. As far as clearing up the wreckage, just take it a step at a time. Maybe make a list and cross things off as you take care of them. It will give you a sense of accomplishment and you'll feel better as the list gets smaller.

Congrats on 3 months! Stay vigilant.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've followed your story; congrats on 3 months, you can do this!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 mos!!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Drexo View Post
I've followed your story; congrats on 3 months, you can do this!
Yeah if I can get sober than anyone can. I was a pretty low bottom with alcohol & drugs also. At one point I thought I was going to die to addiction & was okay with that. Pretty sad looking back.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 months! That's awesome. Getting in top shape is good also. I find that AA allows my mind to stay in "top shape". Without it, I get squirly and when that happens I tend to struggle more. It would be like not running for two weeks then wondering why your time is slower.

For me, my feelings are usually the result of the actions I have taken or not taken.

Best of luck man!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just remember those shakes in the morning after waking up, but now waking up clear minded. That alone is something Im sure you never want to go back too. That constant feeling of addiction is horriable! Congrats on 3 months for sure! Keep strong my friend!

-Ryan
Old 05-01-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 months! That's awesome! Great that you are looking after your body...but don't forget, MIND COMES FIRST. Keep at it!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations Justfor1! 3 months is fantastic. It was also a time my mind tried to get me drinking again. Please make sure you keep vigilant. This disease is cunning.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 3 months Jfor1.

I believe if we keep working hard, stay focused, and keep a sense of gratitude we can all turn things around

D
Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hey justfor1 - sounds like you've already made a whole lot of progress! Way to go on your 3 months. I think as long as we're moving in the right direction, there's every reason to hope things will get much much better. After a year, I'm still seeing improvements......
Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((justfor1))) - congratulations on 3 months!!

I have 4 years in recovery and am still dealing with the consequences of my addiction...some will be with me forever. However, I do the best I can do, stay close to my recovery friends here, and keep putting that one foot in front of the other.

Despite the consequences, or maybe because of them, I get a little stronger every day.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Talking

Congrats. You inspire me
Old 05-01-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

On to month 4 J41..you don't want to make a backwards move..the shakes are for sure something to keep in mind if you get an irritating thought to drink.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks everyone. I plan I on returning to 4 AA meetings a week. "Nothing changes if nothing changes" and this time I'm making changes. I am learning to let go of the past and mean it. I am tired of being ashamed and feeling horrible inside on a daily basis.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

do yourbest and forget the rest! move forward andhelp yourself feel better every day...sound trite, but every day you don't drink is a big plus.

your head is clear and you have physical health...compare that to the past and you are winning...take one problem and obstacle at a time...if you can solve it, it is a big win...please keep trying to get yourself financially stable. it will create an enormous sense of peace once you accomplish a plan.

JMHO what worked for me.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post

I have decided that it is going to take years before I clear up the wreckage of my past.

I'm getting lazy in my AA attendance & have gone from being enthusiastic to not caring as much towards AA.
Pretty scary post there, Just... I felt like you do a time or too... So I have experience with that... "it'll take years"... "lazy in AA"... "But hey, the weather's nice at least"...

I think they call that complacency... Not so good, especially so early in recovery. Try to get at why you feel like you do.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
I'm getting lazy in my AA attendance & have gone from being enthusiastic to not caring as much towards AA.
I have been there and felt like that too. One minute I'm all excited about going to daily meetings and gradually I start to not care so much and lose my enthusiasm. Once I did that, I also lost my 5 1/2 months of sobriety. Just be mindful......................
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you have 3 months ...
Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 months, but don't get complacent. Many of us can tell you tales of what happens when you do.