Notices

booze is crap anyway

Old 03-04-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

booze is crap anyway

Even though I've not really given up drinking completely yet.....(I still want to).

I would have to say that it is just a rubbish drug to take anyway, I mean i'll enjoy the effects for about 45mins-1hr then I just feel horrible and boozy and want to feel sober and fresh again.

I 'm not gonna drink tonight cause I don't want to get all drowsy, red eyed and feel like sh*t..
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ya know Hendrix one of the thoughts that saw me through the initial days and has become part of my overall take on things - I deserve better. At a bare minimum.....drinking does not bring out the best in the people....sober positive living does.

You deserve better and I hope that tonight will be the beginning of a new beginning for you

Keep it going!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh my Hendrix that just sheds light on so much for me. I am six weeks shy of one year sober, and spring is a tough time for me because the weather is nice and I like to garden. I used to sit in my backyard when I was finished planting and "sip" (gulp) wine, then stare at all my hard work (or if I'd started drinking earlier in the day, I'd stare at all the new plants I'd put on top of the ones that had yet to sprout up because I forgot they were there) Anyway, I digress. Just the breeze back there can send a quick craving my way---and you have helped me remember, that cool warm melding feeling truly only lasts about an hour for me. Then, I'm just lost in my own sloppy mind and the rest of the evening/night is well, just empty.

Key is--(and I know I'm simplifying) it's only an hour that I'm "giving up" for sooooo much more. That resonates so much and helps me more than you will ever know, so THANKS!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Heathen

Well, it is a toxin.. glad you don't plan to drink today.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This was one of the key thought patterns I embraced when getting sober...I'm not giving up anything, I'm not missing out on anything, I don't envy people who drink. It is poison, pure and simple and I am worth so much more!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this. It's important for me to remember that I really don't like any part of it, starting with the time and money wasted buying it to the time wasted consuming and recovering from it. There is nothing good or healthy about it, yet it's legal. But that's another can of worms I did not intend to open. Just pointing out the obvious.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder hendrixstrat. I was jonesing a bit this afternoon for some reason and that helped.

Today is day 61.