Notices

45+ beers per day...and counting

Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by hughs dad View Post
Teeth, for someone who drinks up to 60 beers a day, your writting skills are great. No mispelled words, correct punctuation, etc... I hope we're not being taken on a ride here by you... Assuming we're not, do yourself a favor and go to an AA meeting. What can it hurt. Hell, plan on driking after it's over. Just go to one. I promise you (if this is real) you won't have a bad exp.
You would have been shocked at my writing when I was drunk and/or stoned. My punctuation was near perfect, and my spell check caught my fingers when they tripped over each other. You wouldn't believe the creative ideas that flowed through my veins. Then again, neither would I when I woke up the next morning from a blackout to see what Word had saved for me from the night before.

Do remember that Teeth hasn't posted for over a year.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
You would have been shocked at my writing when I was drunk and/or stoned. My punctuation was near perfect, and my spell check caught my fingers when they tripped over each other. You wouldn't believe the creative ideas that flowed through my veins. Then again, neither would I when I woke up the next morning from a blackout to see what Word had saved for me from the night before.

Do remember that Teeth hasn't posted for over a year.
Yeah I know what you mean! I was never drinking at anything like the levels described in this thread but I used to go out and drink a rake of beers, ten or more at times, and and then come home and start posting on internet forums and my grammar and punctuation would be perfect (though I'd tend lash out at people for no good reason over stupid political arguments).
Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I have been clean and sober for lets see.... 4 years plus. It is a hard way to go especially if your friends and family drink. I literally had to hide the first month. I avoided all of them. I told them I was quitting and they laughed. They are not laughing now. I am proud of myself. But I also know just how difficult this is. Its a disease. One that ruins lives, and you and only you can make the final decision its time. I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I commend anyone for trying. There is hope!!!! So many people to help you through what I call a "transition" in our lives. One of the things that kept me going was trying to remember when I was a little girl and didn't drink and all the things I enjoyed. The sports I played. I was sober than and loved life. Everybody has their own way to sobriety. You may have to find yours.
Sincerely
Katie lou
Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Wow. That's a LOT of beer. That is how much Andre The Giant drank.

Actually, he once drank 119 12 ounce beers in 6 hours.

Now he's dead.

See your doctor, dude.

Zube
Old 05-19-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Heathen

Uh.. this post is a few years old.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
ca**swholesale

Believe it or not all of us have been where you are. If you have hit bottom and want to reach out and stop, during one of your clarity moments, call 911 and the ambulance will take you to the ER and they will treat you and then send you to a detox unit. No insurance required. It is a law they have to treat you when brought in with an ambulance. Good luck. My prayers are with you.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...I often wonder where past members went and how they are doing now. Bless them all on their journey....
I doubt you will be getting replies....

Katielou.....thanks for joining SR...well done on your sober time...
Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
Uh.. this post is a few years old.
Your right. Last post by this guy May 2008. He's probably dead.

Zube
Old 05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
Your right. Last post by this guy May 2008. He's probably dead.

Zube
Rather morbid but unless he got help, probably true. I hope he is ok.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thats a lot even by my standards, and even the most hardy/hale of constitutions have a finite ability to handle alcohol before health problems occur.

Consider seeking help.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:33 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Re:45+ beers per day...and counting

What are you counting to? An early grave? My suggestion: Stop counting and start detoxing...now. There are many outlets, other than AA, who can help you detoxify before it's too late. Check with detox's in your area or get in touch with a substance abuse counselor and start recovering now before time runs out. We wish you the best, regardless of your decision. Keep close and never give up hope. We won't, neither should you.

~God bless~

Old 05-22-2011, 01:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

David,

This thread is 3+ years old.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
David,

This thread is 3+ years old.
Whoops.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

hehe, just came across this and its now Sept of 2014... where does the time go
Old 09-01-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome (back?) RandomAlcoholic

D
Old 09-02-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Wow...I just read this all the way through without looking at the date too.

This really touched me and I pray that he has gotten help and is doing ok.

He could have been writing my brother's story...so similar.

Sad...
Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Do your best

I really hope you get sober good luck
Old 09-02-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

To me that is a ton of beer that you drink. I am curious as to what percentage of alcohol per volume this beer is. I think in my drinking days when I reached 30-7% beers while drinking and saw how much it costs because I was going broke with no more drinking money, I just switched to Vodka. I know the mentallity of drinking beer, it lasts a long time and you dont go stupid crazy quite as quick, I understand, while Vodka you go stupid crazy kinda quick, but however you do get drunk quickly, without no slow progression of the buzz into oblivion. That must do a toll on your body, I mean I can hold my urine, but at 60 beers at what 355ml thats what? 21L or 5 gallons of beer. Now I just saw something interesting on TV about this guy who is a street performer and he drinks like 5L or 1Gallon of water instantly. He spits it out like a fountain somewhere in Germany. The scientific host said you can die from that cuz the liver cant process that amount of water. Now depending on how fast you drink those 60 beers, I can only assume it takes you a hell of a long time. You might down a 6 pack quickly or even an 8 pack, get the buzz then slow down.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Wow - took me a while to notice this wasn't a current thread! I hope the OP was able to get the help they need(ed).
Old 09-02-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

When I first read this threads title I instantly had the thought that I didn't drink that much, crazy AV, but then I read the OP's posts and that thought changed to fear, I do hope he got the help he needed.