Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

48 days in and Curious............................

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
maklay

The anxiety is about done I think. Still have my moments when pushed to the limits but much better. I still get the dumb dumbs from time to time

My only naggin issue is the Digestive disturbances. How long did you deal with them? I've been to the Dr a few times since sobering up. They ran tests from top to bottom, everything seems good.

I'm still dealing with indigestion, occassional nausea. I still have the tummy lurches/fluttering after eating, and sometimes when I get pretty hungary. Maybe the Vagus Nerve is shook up a bit.

Just curious if any of you dealt with it....

Maklay
Old 02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Gee....I don't know but I'm glad you are getting medical attention.

I hope you get to feeling better soonest.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
maklay

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
Hi Maklay

I had a little digestive trouble so I started taking a digestive supplement (fiber/greens+) and it worked for me.

You may want to give it a shot.

Phal
I suppose you get it from GNC or some other kind of nutrition store?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Right behind you at 43 days. I didn't experience too many digestive problems, in fact after a week or so my digestion was the best it's been in a while. However, I have found that sometimes in bids to eat healthy, I take in too much fiber than my body is used to. Result: feelings of crampy indigestion and relentless gas.

You may want to assess what you are eating or keep a journal perhaps. Maybe certain foods are triggering your syptoms. Anyways, good job on 48. I'm sure that things will only get better from here.

On anxiety and dumb dumbs, I seem to be at about the same point as you. Also, when they do come I have learned to deal with them much better.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not sure what you have as a problem as far digestion. Personally, diarrhea has been the result for me after drinking 12-14 a night. The next day it comes on after my second meal of the day.

Nevertheless, please elaborate what you mean.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I didn't experience too many digestive problems either, maybe its something else going on that was numbed out when you were drinking.I used to dry wretch from been anxious or fearful but when i got sober ... I discovered a few things going on in my body that I had not been aware of and had neglected when i was abusing alcohol, emotionally, physcially and every other ....ally.