Notices

Rules for AA

Old 08-03-2006, 11:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Hi ****. I know someone in the program that rarely said anything other than, "I'm so and so and I'm an alcoholic" for the first two years he attended meetings. When they gave him his two year coin, they wanted him to speak, but he was so nervous and shaky they told him to go sit down before he fell down!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks for bringing me back to when I felt EXACTLY like that. I would sit in the back of meetings absolutely terrified that someone might talk to me and scared that I would say or do the wrong thing and be kicked out of the meeting. It never happened though. As someone else suggested, I'd find another women in your meetings that's been sober awhile and talk to her about what's ok and what's not. I also remember hearing all that jargon for the first time and not knowing what the heck was going on. Just keep coming, that's all I can tell you. I know what it's like to feel that insecurity and it isn't any fun, but just relax and hang in there. It'll get easier.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Follow up...that man now has over 14 years of sobriety and is one of the wisest, most outspoken members I know. It's amazing what a difference this program can make in your life...
Old 08-19-2006, 11:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
David

Smoking! Ban Smoking!

Originally Posted by upanddownjj
Wow - Smoking - We can't smoke in meetings anymore..have to sneak out 1/2 way thru if there is no break..lucky you !
WAH!
u guys sit still for one hour and listen up.....when u stop drinking it is a good opportunity to stop smoking as well, although "easy does it" and like my o'l fren likes to tell ppl when they ask about quiting smoking "U never tried to F....K your mates wife or G/F when you smoked, did you?"....LOL

I'll tell you what our meetings in Singapore are like if you dun mind....
Those who like to chat and ask questions and smoke come early, not many do, more come late...6:30pm meeting. After the meeting which lasts one hour those who want to chat,smoke or ask questions gather out front and the ones that really put their sobriety 1st go to the Hawker center and eat and or drink coffee.
I say that becos if you typically hit a meeting and run you might consider your real motives for going to meetings.
Please feel free to comment....(:uzi2: )just my two cents worth.
cheers
david
usa/singapore

Last edited by hadanymexican; 08-19-2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Underline