Notices

AttitudeAttitude...

Old 07-30-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

AttitudeAttitude...

I've always liked the idea that AA is sometimes referred to as Attitude Attitude or The Disease of Perception...

Examples of which, in the term Attitude Attitude of which can be seen in the films 'The World's Fastest Indian' and 'Local Hero' where in the first a senior citizen played by Anthony Hopkins, himself a recovering alcoholic, against all the odds pursues his dream to beat the worlds land speed record on a vintage Indian Scout motorcycle. It's a loosely made biopic of the people he meets on his journey and his own indomitable spirit or attitude allowing for a degree of flexibility or change in attitude/perception by all involved.

The second involves a plan to purchase an area of north eastern Scotland coastal region by a multi million Texan oil company to be redeveloped into an oil terminal which through the efforts of one man, the central character that gives the film its name. Is, with the financial investment and support of the Texan oil company's owner to be turned into a research centre for marine biology. Marking a change in attitude for all involved.

Both these films are uplifting and life affirming in their content and the characters involved and like the title of this forum involve a change in attitude or perception. Keeping this in mind, on a daily basis plays an important part in dealing with both alcoholism and AA, just a suggestion...

'If life hands you a lemon, make lemonade'...
Old 07-30-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What I have learned is peoples attitudes/objectives can be quite different from my own. I hold a certain set of values and see the world in a certain way which others may not.

Knowing this helps navigate potentially unpleasant/uncomfortable situations especially in business.

In my personal life I can often choose who I wish to associate with but this is not always the case in work. What is good for me isn't always seen by the other person as good for them.