Notices

Alcohol dreams and cravings

Old 02-10-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Alcohol dreams and cravings

Day 41 discouraged no recall how bad it was. I had four years before four years of grace. I have been on benzo tapering from four mg of klonopin down to a half mg. What I know is it hits the same receptors as alcohol I think thats why I'm having such trouble with cravings. Really not sober by refuge recovery and na standards and I agree. I have been very moody and angry. What I was wondering has anybody else gone threw this.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you mean the dreams and cravings, certainly have. Mood swings? Of course. Spiritual highs and crushing lows? Yep and plenty of HALT moments. I still get them and the first thing pops in my head is what have I done lately to support my recovery. Which maintenance steps do I need to work on?
Getting and staying sober was the hardest thing I ever done, but also the most rewarding. There is no greater achievement than to confront my short comings and slowly improve over time. Anger is normal, but the BB suggests its not for us, but if I must be angry I'll take it out on a kick bag or go for a long run. If Im still angry I pray.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes. Been through all of it. After last relapse I have decided that I need to accept my cravings and understand what they are telling me. For me it is a sign that I'm trying to seek life on my terms and that unless I surrender control to a higher power I will eventually give into the cravings. Get to the root of the cravings. My root is that I want to use my favorite escape method to not feel. But I have other tools now and I need to choose to use them.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, dsmaxis.

Early sobriety was certainly tough for me.

I came into treatment with 3 bottles of benzoes that I handed over to the treatment staff.

It took me a while to taper and for my cravings to recede into the background.

You have to be patient.

And mood swings seem to be the norm.

But, sobriety is sure worth the challenges of getting sober and clean.

Please continue to keep us apprised of your progress, challenges, etc.