Notices

God's plan just doesn't make sense

Old 09-26-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trudgin

As the fates would have it, here's an incident that occurred today. My SIL was taking a morning run in the town where she lives. A young man crashed his vehicle into a tree. She was the first person on the scene.

Sis is a nurse and was able to gain access into the vehicle starting chest compression and attempting to keep the person with us. It was to no avail he passed away.

My SlL questioned if she had done everything she could, was there more that could have changed the outcome...... This afternoon she is process this very sad event. I have communicated with her and reiterated that God's will is always perfect and always done. As others have stated, we simply are not even close to being able to grasp the whys.

Thy will be done, the rest is simply vanity..........understanding may or may not be revealed to us as He allows.

There is great peace to me today in the satisfaction of the unknown mystery's of life, and death.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just never have felt that my higher power was controlling every detail of every persons life, neither good or bad. I've never felt that if we act a certain way our life outcome changes either. Bad things happen to good people.

Sometimes I think our lives are like dice. God rolls us out into this world and what happens happens.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There are all these kids dying of heroin overdoses recently and I don't why I didn't. I used to shoot massive amounts of dope on a daily basis for years. I only ever overdosed once and some random hippie saved my life. I never met him before and I still don't know who he is. An angle in disguise maybe?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sg1970 View Post
I just never have felt that my higher power was controlling every detail of every persons life, neither good or bad. I've never felt that if we act a certain way our life outcome changes either. Bad things happen to good people.

Sometimes I think our lives are like dice. God rolls us out into this world and what happens happens.

I met a fellow who spent a year in Vietnam. He said the fear was so overwhelming that you either learned to accept whatever was going to happen would happen or you'd go crazy.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PAC86 View Post
There are all these kids dying of heroin overdoses recently and I don't why I didn't. I used to shoot massive amounts of dope on a daily basis for years. I only ever overdosed once and some random hippie saved my life. I never met him before and I still don't know who he is. An angle in disguise maybe?
God does send angels.

why you didnt die is as simple as this is what Gods plan for you is.
you have been in the shoes of the addict suffering and can use that experience to help another addict get clean.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
skg

"Our adventures before and after make clear three pertinent things..."
Old 09-27-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Cool

"God's plan just doesn't make sense"

Hmm, is it written somewhere that it's supposed to make sense, or that we're supposed to be able to make sense of it, or that we're even supposed to be able to know it.......?

(o:
Old 09-27-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

PAC,
you feel undeserving of having this chance, is that it? when others, who you may or may not consider "deserving" are either dead or alive? like somehow there's a scoreboard and G the keeper, busy all day planning things so that each thing makes sense to PAC?

seriously: seems time would be better spent making the best of this opportunity you have by being alive.
i'll try and do the same
Old 09-27-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
skg

Grace and Unearned Love

"We have no understanding of how to make our lives conform to God’s image, and we’re not supposed to. That’s God’s job. Our job is to see the promise of God’s love and believe. Our job is to see the promise of unearnable grace, and believe it." Stop Trying to Fix Yourself: Learn to Rest in the Overcoming Power of the Spirit, Eddie Snipes
God's promises are attainable by every individual who seeks them.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Look at all the crazy stuff going on the world, why why why? I'm pretty fortunate, thanks God!
Old 10-06-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Or maybe there just isn't a God and stuff just happens.

Instead of 'why me?', I ask myself 'why not me?'. I am but a speck of sand

And by the way, AIDS doesn't happen to bad people as a form of punishment. It happens to people that make unhealthy decisions. And thanks to anti-retroviral medication, those of us living and thriving with HIV won't end up developing AIDS and will live to ripe old ages.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

yes; i find the question "why not me?" a good one, always.
when i look at that seriously, things get pretty illuminating. both about "deserving" as well as "ja but!!!!..."
more is revealed every time i ask it
Old 10-07-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

If I'm thinking about all the negative things "caused" in the world by God, it's only fair to give God credit for the vast, enormous of amount of GOOD that occurs.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by youbetcha View Post
Look at all the crazy stuff going on the world, why why why? I'm pretty fortunate, thanks God!
Indeed, I pray for Syria every day.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I have never been a big fan of calling some things part of 'God's Plan". I think God gave us free will and we choose to do with it what we want. Sometimes, things just happen. There's no explaining it.

I think God is here for us to get through what we have to go through. God hears us. Sometimes, God knows more than what we know and may not intervene in our prayers because he knows best based on what the future holds. But, I don't ever think God plans us to suffer.

I think we make ourselves suffer, and God either helps us through it with strength and faith, or he may help us through it by answering our prayers differently than what we ask because he knows all. In the end, we make our choices to get where we are.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I don't know God's plan but I do believe it is better then mine in ways I would have never thought of, life is better lived through "thy will not mine".

I pray God will ruin my plans for the day keeping me out of self into a world of peace I don't control.