Notices

Drought

Old 05-26-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drought

Here in central / south-central Texas we have been in drought conditions for some time. It was difficult to see our creeks, rivers and lakes severely dried up. But this Spring, the Heavens have opened up. And we have been replenished.

Droughts happen in my spirituality as well. I go through a dry period which seems will never end. And It's hard to see and feel the dried cracks of a spiritual desert. But I know that if I just stay sober, keep up my prayer and meditation, go to my meetings, work with others, and just do the next right thing, the Heavens will open up, and I will once again be replenished.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
Droughts happen in my spirituality as well. I go through a dry period which seems will never end. And It's hard to see and feel the dried cracks of a spiritual desert.
Sometimes droughts end up being a good thing. A "Dark Night of the Soul" experience appears bad at first. However, in the long-run, it ends up purging us of some of our false judgement and unrealistic expectations.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Speaking of droughts it's been ages since I went to a meeting. Yesterday I dragged myself to one and felt really good about it after.