Notices

Twenty Four Hours A Day 05/25/2015

Old 05-24-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty Four Hours A Day 05/25/2015

*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

In twelfth-step work, the third thing is conviction. The prospect must be convinced that he honestly wants to stop drinking. He must see and admit that his life is unmanageable. He must face the fact that he must do something about his drinking. He must be absolutely honest with himself and face himself as he really is. He must be convinced that he must give up drinking and he must see that his whole life depends on this conviction. Do I care enough about another alcoholic to help him reach this conviction?

Meditation for the Day

There is no limit to what you can accomplish in helping others. Keep that thought always. Never relinquish any work or give up the thought of any accomplishment because it seems beyond your power. God will help you all in good work. Only give it up if you feel that it's not God's will for you. In helping others, think of the tiny seed under the dark, hard ground. There is no certainty that, when it has forced its way up to the surface, sunlight and warmth will greet it. Often a task seems beyond your power, but there is no limit to what you can accomplish with God's help.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may never become discouraged in helping others. I pray that I may always rely on the power of God to help me.
Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012