Notices

How to deal with the most irritating coworker on earth...

Old 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grungehead View Post
Yes, time to put pen to paper over this guy. Also i would tell him (when calm) that your private life is just that -- private -- and you don't wish to discuss it.
We teach people how to treat us. Sometimes this takes courage that maybe you don't have....I don't know, but setting boundaries is my responsibility and no one else's.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

can you smile at him sweetly and respond: "please don't worry your pretty little head about it any longer."
Old 01-26-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

When he asks you want you are doing this weekend might I suggest the old standby of Your (mom/sister/wife). Many have used that with spectacular results.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
When he asks you want you are doing this weekend might I suggest the old standby of Your (mom/sister/wife). Many have used that with spectacular results.
Ahaha! I just snorted out loud
Old 01-26-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Music View Post
We teach people how to treat us. Sometimes this takes courage that maybe you don't have....I don't know, but setting boundaries is my responsibility and no one else's.

Yes, it sometimes takes courage to confront a person in this situation because most times it's not a problem.

They take the hint and back off.

What happened to me was my the co-worker ignored repeated attempts of mine to keep our relationship to office etiquette (good morning, see you, take care etc.)

What he wanted was for me to stop what I was doing and carry on a conversation which I refused. The whole thing was weird because this guy is also an AA member (25 years plus) which factored into the equation. We've know each other for years but never socialized much away from meetings. (The guy's just too intense for me.)

After awhile it became clear he was aware I felt uncomfortable yet he continued trying to corner me into a conversation.

I decided to use this situation to set up boundaries. Today, I will look him in the eye, exchange a good morning or whatever and keep walking. Took over a year and a half but he's got the message that I will not stop and chat

All said and done it's been a good learning experiences. Uncomfortable, but a good experience nevertheless.

Hoovering:
http://lightshouse.org/lights-blog/w...#axzz3Pum82fUg
Old 01-27-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I was told early on that if someone does something that bothers me either the person doesn't know, or he's trying to bother me. So, I tell him he's bothering me, assuming he doesn't know. If after I've told him he continues to do the same thing, he's trying to bother me. If he stops, he's being considerate of my feelings and didn't know I was bothered. IF it turns out he's intentionally trying to bother me, the gloves come off and I make it clear to him under no uncertain terms that what I do on the weekends is none of his business.....period. End of conversation. Bottom line is if someone is intentionally trying to bother me, there's no reason I should continue to be considerate of his feelings so I ignore him and do a lot of praying.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Pray for this person, everyday pray for this coworker.