Notices

Drinking an entire case of beer in one night?

Old 11-21-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drinking an entire case of beer in one night?

My son used to drink an entire case of beer in one night and I just want to see if that is something that others have witnessed.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why? I mean, I could drink 12/ 2oz. hard alcohol drinks during a day easy. Beer in cans doesn't have a lot of alcohol per volume.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I've done that, but I was also doing lines of cocaine
Old 11-21-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A fifth is close to that, unit-wise. I did a fifth of vodka and sometimes the equivalent of 8-10 beers a day many days. Totally do-able but not sustainable. I eventually got pretty sickly.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Too much peeing, lol. At that point I switched to wine, which later turned into vodka straight. I say this not as bravado, but how my illness progressed.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A case of beer was an appetizer for the day. This is very common for those that do which was everyone that I hung around with.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

30 packs used to last me about 10 hours.
If I started Saturday morning, I had to go out and get more around 8 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My mom does it every day...
Old 11-22-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hummingbird1094 View Post
My son used to drink an entire case of beer in one night and I just want to see if that is something that others have witnessed.
That was a badge of honor for me. Problem is, I didn't stop with that. I kept up until all the booze was gone, or I passed out.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

When it comes to quantity, I was a very light weight, a 6 pack in an evening would be absolute top for me (but it affected me very badly mentally)
My best friend who is also an alcoholic can drink a case in one night and so could my ex. When he goes on a binge, like Barefootjunker etc. a case is an apetizer for him
Old 11-22-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Music View Post
That was a badge of honor for me. Problem is, I didn't stop with that. I kept up until all the booze was gone, or I passed out.
And, I used to hold on to that first pee, 'cause I knew as soon as I went the first time, I'd be getting up every 10 minutes. Waste of good drinking time. Would have been nice to have a hose and funnel from me to the toilet. Bummer!
Old 11-22-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Music View Post
And, I used to hold on to that first pee, 'cause I knew as soon as I went the first time, I'd be getting up every 10 minutes. Waste of good drinking time. Would have been nice to have a hose and funnel from me to the toilet. Bummer!
Come on man! You sit by the back door and use the drainpipe like any normal guy! Or the sink

P
Old 11-22-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Its a lot and it's excessive and he should not do with regularity. In terms of the volume my benders went way, way beyond that.....I would switch to wine and shots because the beer was just too much work get the hit.
Near the end I would wake up around noon and drink maybe 7 or 8 beers as soon as I woke up because they were refreshing and not really proper drinking in my mind. Obviously it wasn't always like this.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Its a lot and it's excessive and he should not do with regularity. In terms of the volume my benders went way, way beyond that.....I would switch to wine and shots because the beer was just too much work get the hit.
Near the end I would wake up around noon and drink maybe 7 or 8 beers as soon as I woke up because they were refreshing and not really proper drinking in my mind. Obviously it wasn't always like this.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

In AA, it's not really how much one drinks, but rather how it affects them. How they react to that first drink and if it triggers the phenomena of craving. Also, if their mentality is twisted and delusional when it comes to drinking. For example, does your son make promises never to drink that much again and then do it anyway? I can't really imagine someone drinking an entire case of beer unless they had the phenomena of craving. However, binge drinking is pretty popular in some college environments, especially fraternities and the like.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

A case of 2 Buck Chuck from Trader Joe's lasted me one week. A 12 pack of Bud a night for my hubby. Yeah.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Grateful

I was primarily a beer drinker throughout my drinking career. I didn't regularly drink a case in a day but it happened occasionally. Near the end of my drinking 2 cases would last me about 3 days. Looking back it makes me wince to think about how I put my body (and mind) through that routine every day.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I was kind of like grungehead. Primarily a beer drinker. For most of my practicing years, I was between 6 and 12 beers a day. But that could increase on the weekends. Now, for about the last 5 years or so I was active, I was more into binging and it's entirely conceivable that I would put down a case or more in 24 hours. I guess I didn't always think or care about the rate in which they emptied, just when they were gone or I passed out.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

There's one danger from drinking this much beer if you do it without eating and for several days in the row. It's called beer potomania, which is a type of water (not alcohol) intoxication.

Beer contains only little sodium. If you are also skipping meals, so you don't get any sodium from food, and you drink only as "little" as 5 liters of beer per day, your blood sodium levels can drop to dangerously low levels. Symptoms can be hard to distinguish from alcohol intoxication and can include dizziness, nausea, confusion, less urination than expected from the amount of beer drunk, headache, seizures and eventually coma or death.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hummingbird1094 View Post
Nope never was much of a beer drinker. Too vain. Hated he idea of a beer belly.

Of course drinking Bacardi 151 wasn't exactly too smart either.