Notices

Is God too complicated?

Old 07-22-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Whoa Desypete...that's quite a post. Yikes. The Godhead is Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The Father and the Son are not separate. It doesn't matter that you don't want a Dad like that. He is your Father, like it or not. Yikes.

Boleo - seems you and Desypete have about the same knowledge level. The concept of the One True King, the One True God, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, does not change.

Paperdolls - no we don't all fit. I don't fit. It excites you that someone's HP is the couch cushion you're sitting on. That does nothing for me, except make me sad.

Awuh1 - amen.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Exactly. You don't understand. Sorry but your lack of understanding is not proof of the non existence of anything, no matter how much you may believe that it is, and no matter how many times you state that belief.

The old "argument form evil" had me thinking like you for a majority of my life. It was not until I became open minded enough to do some very sincere investigation of my own that I had no choice but to revise those views.

I sincerely hope you get that chance desypete
you would call it open minded i call it brainwashed

we bring our kids up to believe in father xmas and our kids do believe in it, many millions of people around the world keep up this pretense. the god thing to me is the same pretense

i am open minded on all issues and i have been down many roads looking for this god and have come to the conclusion that its not real
people will believe in anything and its the belief that helps them rather than an actual presense that protects them
with alcholics who believe there so important in life, having a god that would protect them seems about right to them as they are so important
more imortant than kids dying all over the world god will do nothing as he must be to busy protecting drunks from drunk driving or whatever else trouble a drunk gets into

sorry but it really is just a father xmas idea to me, i have something that works as a higher power for me and its real i can see it and touch it and the proof is it really works if we work it
its called aa and this fellowship has helped many millions of people all around the world with there alcoholism

that's the truth for me and i dont have to believe in a father xmas or anything invisible that has me questioning over and over about anything
so i can believe it with ease.

i would argue with the pope about god v no god so what i tend to do is keep my god shut and smile at people who do believe in god and let them be

but sometimes my gob opens up when i see god believers try and turn things around in a totaly untrue way
i live in the real world today and reject all forms of fantasy or try to
Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
I am god.
LOL We really do create our own reality don't we.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

(Heavy heavy sigh). I'll do what you do, just let the nom-believer be. I am sorry you feel this way, and I'm really sorry you can't wrap your head around the King of Kings. My God does protect me and love me even though I don't deserve it. So........good luck. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Whoa Desypete...that's quite a post. Yikes. The Godhead is Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The Father and the Son are not separate. It doesn't matter that you don't want a Dad like that. He is your Father, like it or not. Yikes.

Boleo - seems you and Desypete have about the same knowledge level. The concept of the One True King, the One True God, Lord of Lords, King of Kings, does not change.

Paperdolls - no we don't all fit. I don't fit. It excites you that someone's HP is the couch cushion you're sitting on. That does nothing for me, except make me sad.

Awuh1 - amen.
i could argue with your blind faith and brainwashed ideas all day long raider and all it will prove is you will not accept there isnt a god and will not accept there is one

i base my stance on many things that seems such common sense and decency to me in life.

i dont turn a blind eye to other peoples suffering like you can, i can not tell people a god loves them when there suffering so much

its like saying dont worry about your kids dying father xmas will look after them and you can carry on enjoying your life each day on earth without them

Hallelujah and praise the lord as he is so good and kind and loving and he will protect us blah blah blah

how do you know this is true ?
well it must be true as he saved me from a drink driving ban, or made sure i didnt got to prison, or saved me from losing my family, or wife
lol oh i see well in that case then it must be true

you know there are many people who are dying today with illness that will kill them and somehow there going to not die from it and then this stuff gets blasted around like its proof of a miracle
and yet there might be many others who are in the same postion and yet die we dont say oh well no miracle happend there and blast that around

so i really feel its a brainwashing machine in many areas of this god worshiping thing
having said all that i do believe in a higher power
that power is trying to live a life that is good and not bad
trying to help people, rather than being selfish kind instead of greedy etc
its something i have to do daily as long as i follow my path i can find peace so the concept of a higher power is a different matter all together for me
Old 07-22-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
(Heavy heavy sigh). I'll do what you do, just let the nom-believer be. I am sorry you feel this way, and I'm really sorry you can't wrap your head around the King of Kings. My God does protect me and love me even though I don't deserve it. So........good luck. Hope it all works out for you.
lol i could go on and on over this topic if i let it rule me but as i work a program i have to let things go : ( dont you just hate working a program when a good old fashioned row would feel much better ? : )

so i have had my say and my rant, i am going to pop over to the sentence thread and pass wind again
i find having a laugh is far more powerful than having a rant and its far more productive as well if i practice it
Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

............ok.............
Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
a good old fashioned row would feel much better ? : )
Lol, sounds brilliant to me Pete!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

aannnd...We're done.

let's all go help another member

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 07-22-2014 at 05:01 PM.