Notices

Anger and the News

Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Unfortunately, it is way too late
Sorry Captain, I disagree. In general I believe: "When I'm dead and cold, then it's too late, not until." (borrowed from my "Wall of Proclaim"). When I start my "Common Sense" party, I assume I can count on your vote. Drunks of the world (and everybody else) unite!, lol.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Recovered

I never watch news. I only READ news. I also read 3 outlets and they are vastly different in their leanings (eg: dru.dge, alte.rnet, and local paper). That way I control what I read and after reading about something spun out 3 different ways, I figure the truth is in the middle somewhere. I don't lose any sleep over it though. I only pay attention to my circle of concern and my circle of action where news is concerned.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I also used to love politics. I would also sit in bars and argue it and I would hold signs for candidates etc...I had selfish motives all over the place with it.

During my 4th step I stopped being interested in it. It is not my place to tell others how to think or vote. I live and let live.

The news? Just the weather sometimes and a few local stories, if that. My interest lie elsewhere now.

I know it doesn't seem normal. The spiritual life isn't normal. But it's the most normal thing there is
Old 07-24-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Originally Posted by dSober View Post
Sorry Captain, I disagree. In general I believe: "When I'm dead and cold, then it's too late, not until." (borrowed from my "Wall of Proclaim"). When I start my "Common Sense" party, I assume I can count on your vote. Drunks of the world (and everybody else) unite!, lol.

Keep me posted when, they impose term limits on themselves
Old 07-24-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Lol, zing.