Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism-12 Step Support
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [4]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Yup, I cried....

.out of gratitude. Taking a trip to drop off a car to my daughter in Chicago. Made a detour into Akron to visit Dr. Bob's House. I could still feel God's touch within those rooms. Well worth the visit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Db1105 For This Useful Post:
BadCompany (02-07-2014), CaiHong (02-07-2014), freethinking (02-07-2014), heath480 (02-07-2014), KateL (02-07-2014), muvinon (02-07-2014), paul99 (02-07-2014), RobbyRobot (02-07-2014), tomsteve (02-07-2014)
Old 02-07-2014, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

thanks,Db!! yer story gave me some gratitude!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomsteve For This Useful Post:
heath480 (02-07-2014), paul99 (02-07-2014)
Old 02-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Recovered

When I was there, I got the coffee mugs that said, "I drank at Dr. Bob's"

Very moving place.

Me: pragmatic nontheist living sober and free as a result of engaging in the discipline of the 12 Steps.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfanch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
12-Step Recovered Alcoholic

Me to Dd. I was choked up from the moment we parked in front of the house. I had to stop about 3x trying to say the 3rd step prayer up in the "3rd step bedroom." Just being there WILL move you......it did me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DayTrader For This Useful Post: