Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 3/19/13

Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 3/19/13

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

When we were drinking, we used to be ashamed of the past. Remorse is terrible mental punishment: ashamed of ourselves for the things we've said and done, afraid to face people because of what they might think of us, afraid of the consequences of what we did when we were drunk. In A.A. we forget about the past. Do I believe that God has forgiven me for everything I've done in the past, no matter how black it was, provided I'm honestly trying to do the right thing today?

Meditation for the Day

God's spirit is all about you all day long. You have no thoughts, no plans, no impulses, no emotions, that He does not know about. You can hide nothing from Him. Do not make your conduct conform only to that of the world and do not depend on the approval or disapproval of others. God sees in secret, but He rewards openly. If you are in harmony with the Divine Spirit, doing your best to live the way you believe God wants you to live, you will be at peace.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may always feel God's presence. I pray that I may realize this Presence constantly all through the day.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 03-19-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Serenity NOW!!

Good morning!
Do I believe that God has forgiven me for everything I've done in the past, no matter how black it was, provided I'm honestly trying to do the right thing today?
I believe....little by slowly I'm beginning to be less fearful, less worrisome, more happy in my own skin. My higher power is showing me that I'm too hard on myself and that I need to lighten up!
I am on a business trip this week in Dayton, Oh. This is my first time away from home during my sobriety. Tonight there is a "social" in the hotel bar that I really should attend...I'm going to find a local meeting first, then stop in to the social, show my face, then excuse myself for the evening. I trust that my HP will guide me to do the right thing.
Just for today.
40 Days and going strong.
Amy
Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AAmy View Post
Good morning!
Do I believe that God has forgiven me for everything I've done in the past, no matter how black it was, provided I'm honestly trying to do the right thing today?
I believe....little by slowly I'm beginning to be less fearful, less worrisome, more happy in my own skin. My higher power is showing me that I'm too hard on myself and that I need to lighten up!
I am on a business trip this week in Dayton, Oh. This is my first time away from home during my sobriety. Tonight there is a "social" in the hotel bar that I really should attend...I'm going to find a local meeting first, then stop in to the social, show my face, then excuse myself for the evening. I trust that my HP will guide me to do the right thing.
Just for today.
40 Days and going strong.
Amy
Get yourself a ginger-ale in a champagne glass if you have to. Have a couple of phone numbers of your sponsor and trusted oldtimers.

All will be well if we have planned ahead.

Take care.

Bob R
Old 03-19-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

The part of the med that speaks about the approval or disapproval of other really relates to me. I tend to sometimes obsess about this throughout the day. My level of serenity and contentment definitely diminish and it's directly proportional to the lack of faith I am displaying at that moment.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I used to show different faces to different people. I lived my life according to who and what was in front of me. Now I live life using the spiritual principles and so I don't have to show the world one face and life differently in my inner. God is with me whether I am surrounded by hundreds or if I am walking alone in the park. I try not to change my conduct, my thoughts, my actions depending on who is or is not around me. God shows me through others how He would have me be.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

God's spirit is all about you all day long. You have no thoughts, no plans, no impulses, no emotions, that He does not know about. You can hide nothing from Him. Do not make your conduct conform only to that of the world and do not depend on the approval or disapproval of others. God sees in secret, but He rewards openly. If you are in harmony with the Divine Spirit, doing your best to live the way you believe God wants you to live, you will be at peace.

......Love this So true!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Today I am okay with my past for its made me..

And my life has been so full of blessing , I have been able to do so much in life, that I knew this and had some gratitude for it when drinking.. But know it has grown ten fold..

Thank you God for my life experiences they had many many highs.. Thats what I focus on..
Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

AAmy and don't forget you have all of us to so if need be come back and post some more. I also love 2GD's suggestion of the ginger-ale. Keep the faith you will be great.