Notices

Today's Gift from Halezden 2/08/13

Old 02-08-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow Today's Gift from Halezden 2/08/13

Disappointment and Frustration

Many of us, whether we are conscious of it or not, create much of the unhappiness we experience. Our disappointments are the result of our own negative or limited thoughts about ourselves and our world. What are some of those limiting thoughts, those subconscious beliefs, which keep us from experiencing joy and wholeness?

One of those beliefs is that we cannot be fulfilled unless we are loved and accepted by those who are the victims of our past experiences, that we are too old or too set in our ways to change. Still another false idea is, "It's a catastrophe if things don't go my way!" Then, too, there's the self-defeating attitude that to love is to lose, so "I'd better prepare for the worst to happen because it will."

Two more irrational beliefs are, "I have no control over my happiness and I want life to be easy and without hassles; therefore, I'll avoid discomfort or any new commitments."

TODAY I will see each disappointment in my life as a challenge to discover the negative or limited beliefs which keep me from seeing myself as a person of unlimited resources and potential.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I always thought that if I slid under the radar, avoided conflicts and hid from life in general, I would find a way of not getting hassled, and hence, happy. But it was far from the truth - when I found life wanted to engage me, I balked and skirted around it. This inhibited my growth on so many levels. And the opposite - bursting into life with expectations and constantly getting hurt, didn't work for me either. I have learned in my recovery to approach everything as an opportunity for growth, and not to get hung up on results. It makes life better for me, and for those who I can help.

Great reading!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

My sponsor likes to say " We are not in the business of results, We are only in the business of passing it on. "

Thanks Paul nice comment..
Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by HappyDestiny3 View Post
My sponsor likes to say " We are not in the business of results, We are only in the business of passing it on. "

Thanks Paul nice comment..
I like that.