Notices

Today's Gift from Hazelden 2/12/2013

Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow Today's Gift from Hazelden 2/12/2013

Display images below - Always display images from [email protected]

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life.
--Herbert Otto

The rewards of our new life are apparent to us because of how we feel, and apparent to others by what they can see. Many of us had reached our bottom point, and we felt there was no risk in trying a program of recovery. Yet, we still had some distorted security in our harmful ways of relating to others or in our addictions. Letting go was an experiment. This program gives us guidelines for experimenting with our life for growth, and we continue growing every day.

Some of our benefits are increased confidence and self-respect, more intimacy with our partner, better friendships, and better physical health. We feel these changes in ourselves, and we see them in the other men and women in this program.

Today, I am grateful for the rewards in my life from this experiment in recovery.

You are reading from the book:

Touchstones by Anonymous
Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

This reading reminds me of a saying that I hear around the rooms of AA and that is, "AA was the last house on the block for me." When I got here I really had no where else to go unless of course you take the other route of jails institutions or death. So AA really was the last house left for me.
Have a great night.