Notices

I am broken

Old 06-16-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am broken

I got screwed by the "justice" system and my own father. I posted something on-line about this awhile ago. I got pulled over in my father's truck for speeding which I owned up to but I also got a bunch of citations because the trucks registration was fraudulent. My father swore up and down that the registration was good but he was lying. However, he did fess up to it in court today. He admitted that I had nothing to do with the vehicles registration and I had no knowledge that it was fraudulent. The state trooper even admitted to me that he thought my father was the one responsible. That didn't make a difference. That SOB state trooper just wanted someone to pay the fines and the magistrate certainty didn't care either. That SOB state trooper pulled some sleezy stuff. He brought up my record. I had three minor drug charges on my record. He even tried to bring up the charges that got dismissed. What the hell is wrong with the world? They ignored all the progress that I have made and my father's admittance to guilt. They threatened to press actual criminal charges if I didn't just plea guilty to the summary offenses. I would never win without an attorney and fighting it would cost more than the fines. They knew I had no knowledge of the vehicles registration. What sucks even more is that my father had no problem getting it registered after I got pulled over. He just didn't feel like doing it so he stuck a fake sticker on the license plate. ERRRRRERERERERERAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!. My father agreed to pay the fines. He better. I honestly had no idea about the registration. I guess i can take solace in knowing that my high power will judge us all one day and having a gun, badge, robe, and authority wont matter to him.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

I was expecting this thread to be about surrender. Instead it looks more like a resentment.

"All expectations are seeds for resentment"
(Chuang Tsu)
Old 06-16-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ya, I got over it. If anything neat came out of this I got to see how fear and greed rule peoples lives. My father didn't want to fess up to his part until today and the "authorities" were only interested in making money and achieving a perverted sense of "being right." It isn't just addicts that suffer from these defects of character. I am just mad that they pretty much knew that they were pinning those offenses on an innocent person and didn't care. The speeding ticket was my fault. Why couldn't they have withdrawn the other offenses and charged my father with them after he took ownership. Stuff like this is why I am pursuing law school. There is no justice or God in our judicial system. I will not remain resentful but will continue my ambition of becoming an attorney. I think I made progress when I met with that administrator from that university I held such a resentment against. She said she will look into correcting certain issues with the schools conduct system. I guess an attorney was already adjusting certain problems with it. I really feel like this is my path.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe it was simply a test to see if I would fold and give up my sobriety. God works in mysterious ways. The more I learn that I have no control and that God's plan is better than mine the easier this gets.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about this 4th. I can understand what you're feeling. I once went to court over a traffic citation. It wasn't serious, but I felt I was in the right. Unfortunately, the police officer blatantly lied and the judge sided with him, despite all the evidence I had to the contrary.

I think I was more disappointed in the system than resentful. But I realize that life isn't always fair, and I put the incident behind me. The truth is I've also come across some honest law enforcement officers who have been helpful and/or have cut me a break when they really didn't have to, so I try to focus on the positive.

Hopefully, your father will reimburse you for the fines and you can then put this behind you. It's natural to be a little annoyed right now, but try not to let this bother you for too long, as no good can come of it.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

In my area, they are installing multiple cameras and radar guns at every intersection. If they were to turn all that technology on at once, they would catch about a thousand violators a day;

Speeding
Running red lights just after amber
Illegal turns
Expired plates
Stolen vehicles
Seatbelt violations
Cellphone talkers

Big Brother is just a few years away.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising View Post
I'm sorry about this 4th. I can understand what you're feeling. I once went to court over a traffic citation. It wasn't serious, but I felt I was in the right. Unfortunately, the police officer blatantly lied and the judge sided with him, despite all the evidence I had to the contrary.

I think I was more disappointed in the system than resentful. But I realize that life isn't always fair, and I put the incident behind me. The truth is I've also come across some honest law enforcement officers who have been helpful and/or have cut me a break when they really didn't have to, so I try to focus on the positive.

Hopefully, your father will reimburse you for the fines and you can then put this behind you. It's natural to be a little annoyed right now, but try not to let this bother you for too long, as no good can come of it.

I don't think the state trooper was lying. My father was. I got caught in the middle. I understand that I am responsible for the vehicle I am driving but I had no reason to suspect that it wasn't legal. In fact I got pulled over in the very truck a few months prior and had no issues. I guess from the state troopers perspective he really has no reason to believe that I didn't know about the registration. Both me and my father have records. Maybe he though my dad was just trying to take the fall for me. **** happens I guess. In the grand scheme of things it was the almighty dollar that determined the outcome of my situation. If they pressed criminal charges and I had an attorney I doubt any jury would have convicted me. I will not fear financial insecurity. I also need to let go off my idea that sobriety is all rainbows and sun shine. It could have been worse. At least I was falsely convicted of murder.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support I am done being misrable.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Now I am the one who has a resentment. While typing post #6, I realized that it is just a matter of time before I get caught in one of those new fandangled speed traps.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope your father learned an important lesson. It's not the magistrate or the law in the fault here, it is your father. He should have to pay all fines and should feel horrible about all he has put you through with this.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I hope your father learned an important lesson. It's not the magistrate or the law in the fault here, it is your father. He should have to pay all fines and should feel horrible about all he has put you through with this.
No he wont. He is still trying to place blame on the state trooper and figure out a way to get out of it. Maybe the trooper is lying but I do not think so. He will never grow up. If the truck was legal than he should have had a hard time getting information from the Florida DMV. I thought he did but he just got the truck registered the day I got pulled over and told me it was legal. He has put me through worse. I think he'll pay the fines but I am still left with a bunch of summary offenses on my record.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My first sponsor said there's nothing harder than justifiable anger. Perhaps it helps to be grateful that you were sober and your father admitted he was wrong. Getting to serenity is a process we undergo by changing our thinking. Tanks for posting!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

at least they did not lock you up for drunk driving

being sober helps