Notices

As Bill Sees It for 1/29/2013

Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow As Bill Sees It for 1/29/2013

*~*~*~*~*^AsBill SeesIt^*~*~*~*~*

Gratitude Should Go Forward

"Gratitude should go forward, rather than backward.
"In other words, if you carry the message to still others, you will be making the best possible repayment for the help given to you."

<<<>>>

No satisfaction has been deeper and no joy greater than in a Twelfth Step job well done. To watch the eyes of men and women open with wonder as they move from darkness into light, to see their lives quickly fill with new purpose and meaning, and above all to watch them awaken to the presence of a loving God in their lives - these things are the substance of what we receive as we carry A.A.'s message.

1. LETTER, 1959 - 2. TWELVE AND TWELVE, p. 110
Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I can't imagine not passing on what has been so freely given to me. I understand what they mean when they say that to keep it you have to give it away. If I were to hoard what has been given to me, I can get sick very easily. I need to pass the message on to others and like a river that keeps getting fresh water passing through it, I keep spiritually fit. To do otherwise would be like the Dead Sea.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

This is something I haven't stuck around long enough to experience. I wanted to, and envied others who've seen it, but it comes with time. Time and patience is not something I am all too familiar with. I was the newcomer in the revolving door for a long time. And my attitude was pretty negative a lot of the time, because I was constantly dealing with the consequences of drinking and using still. I still am dealing with the consequences, but my attitude has changed for the better, I'd like to think at least.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Gratitude is ALL action and little words...

For today I prayed like every day to be of use of my HP's will. And that will keep me grateful..

Also I truly believe that a grateful alcoholic WILL NOT get drunk.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am SO grateful for my sponsor. I posted last week about how work stress had caused me to withdraw into my own little world of anxiety and insomnia. On Friday I missed yet another meeting.
On Saturday I got a text from my sponsor. It literally made me stop in my tracks and take stock of how far I had been drifting. She told me how concerned she was for me, how proud she was of how far I'd come and how sad she would be if I were to let it fall through my fingers.
Last night I met her at a meeting. I shared. She hugged me, then did some very straight talking!
I'm back on track....