Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/24/2013

Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/24/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day
Alcoholics who are living in a blind alley refuse to be really honest with themselves or with other people. They're running away from life and won't face things as they are. They won't give up their resentments. They're too sensitive and too easily hurt. They refuse to try to be unselfish. They still want everything for themselves. And no matter how many disastrous experiences they have had with drinking, they still do it over and over again. There's only one way to get out of that blind alley way of living and that's to change your thinking. Have I changed my thinking?

Meditation for the Day
I know that the vision and power that I receive from God are limitless, as far as spiritual things are concerned. But in temporal and material things, I must submit to limitations. I know that I cannot see the road ahead. I must go just one step at a time, because God does not grant me a longer view. I am in uncharted waters, limited by my temporal and spatial life, but unlimited in my spiritual life.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that, in spite of my material limitations, I may follow God's way. I pray that I may learn that trying to do His will is perfect freedom.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I have to learn to not try to change my thinking with my thinker, because that damn thing was the problem all along. Only God can help me with this.

Meditation - Glad I saw and read this today. Really need to apply this to my work experiences.

Prayer - His will is perfect freedom. I like that a lot. I want that.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

"""Alcoholics who are living in a blind alley refuse to be really honest with themselves or with other people. They're running away from life and won't face things as they are. They won't give up their resentments. They're too sensitive and too easily hurt. They refuse to try to be unselfish. They still want everything for themselves. And no matter how many disastrous experiences they have had with drinking, they still do it over and over again. There's only one way to get out of that blind alley way of living and that's to change your thinking."""

Thank you for the reminder! That was me to a T when drinking. I try daily to stray as far away from that thinking as I can..but not far enough away that I do not remember where I have been so I know I don't ever wanna go back!