Notices

As Bill Sees It for 1/18/2013

Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow As Bill Sees It for 1/18/2013

*~*~*~*~*^AsBill SeesIt^*~*~*~*~*

Companion and Partner

"Dr. Bob was my constant companion and partner in the great A.A. adventure. As the physician and great human being that he was, he chose work with others as his prime A.A. vocation and achieved a record which, in quantity and in quality, none will ever surpass. Assisted by the incomparable Sister Ignatia at St. Thomas Hospital in Akron, he - without charge - medically treated and spiritually infused five thousand sufferers.

<<<>>>

"In all the stress and strain of A.A.'s pioneering time, no hard word ever passed between us. For this, I can thankfully say that the credit was all his."

<<<>>>

I took my leave of Dr. Bob, knowing that he was to undergo a serious operation. The old, broad smile was on his face as he said almost jokingly, "Remember, Bill, let's not louse this thing up. Let's keep it simple!" I turned away, unable to say a word. That was the last time I ever saw him.

1. LETTER, 1966 - 2. A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 214

Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Very cool read. Dr. Bob's legacy is obviously still alive and thriving today. Their interactions together must have been quite fascinating.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Dr. Bob and the Old Timers is a terrific read. He was a man who practiced the principles in all his affairs. He wasn't the showman and salesman that Bill W. was, but was grounded in the spirituality of not only the program, but from many influences. He also kept Bill W. in check, and according to Bill W. and others, never a cross word passed between the two.

Hazzah to Dr. Bob!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I just listened to Bill W. lead on the nite that Dr. Bob passed the other day. I had it on cd and sent it off to another alcoholic for her to have..

And todays reading comes to mind. Thank you God for Bill and Bob..

And also St. Ignatia , she was something else. One of my favorite people in the great history of AA.