SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/)
-   -   Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/18/2013 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism-12-step-support/281331-twenty-four-hours-day-1-18-2013-a.html)

newby1961 01-18-2013 12:11 AM

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/18/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*
A.A. Thought for the Day
The new life can't be built in a day. we have to take the program slowly, a little at a time. Our subconscious minds have to be reeducated. We have to learn to think differently. We have to get used to sober thinking instead of alcoholic thinking. Anyone who tries it knows that the old alcoholic thinking is apt to come back on us when we least expect it. Building a new life is a slow process, but it can be done if we really follow the A.A. program. Am I building a new life on the foundation of sobriety?

Meditation for the Day
I will pray daily for faith, for it is God's gift. On faith alone depends the answer to my prayers. God gives it to me in response to my prayers, because it is a necessary weapon for me to possess for the overcoming of all adverse conditions and the accomplishment of all good in my life. Therefore, I will work at strengthening my faith.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may so think and live as to feed my faith in God. I pray that my faith may grow because with faith God's power becomes available to me.

(Twenty-Four Hours A Day) Hazelden Foundation 2013

Fernaceman 01-18-2013 05:18 AM

Thought - It is a slow process. But at times, like my past attitudes, I want it NOW. I want things to change and to be better NOW! Sounds adolescent when I think about it. But then again, my emotional maturity is that of a 15 year old. I agree with the fact that I stopped maturing emotionally when I started using. I wanted anything and everything now, but didn't want to have to put in any footwork to achieve it. I deserved everything and wanted the world on a silver platter. Mine for the taking!

It doesn't work that way. I am realizing that now. I have a place in the world, but I am not God. The world doesn't revolve around me, as I once thought it did. Crazy that most people I talk in the program once thought the same way. No wonder things didn't work out!

Today I simply do the best I can with the resources presented to me while doing my best to help out and love other people. It is a much easier and fulfilling life.

Med - Interesting angle. Very true. I can pray pray pray to a genie God, like I did before, but if I don't have faith that the prayers will be answered, like I did before, I will not be able to see the answers. They generally come through other people. If I'm too wrapped up in self to see this, I am going to easily miss them.

paul99 01-18-2013 05:25 AM

Nice, FM :)

HappyDestiny3 01-18-2013 05:35 AM

Of course I wanted 10 years of sobriety in 2 months.. I am an alcoholic ~ And I want instant gratification... :)

I pray just for today. And after a few 24 hrs, people see the differance before I did. And thats good, the last thing I need is to think I got this.;)

stepping 01-18-2013 08:42 AM

Love it!!