Notices

Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours a Day

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

We come now to A.A. fellowship. It is partly group therapy. It is partly spiritual fellowship. But it is even more. it is based on a common illness, a common failure, a common problem. It goes deep down into our personal lives and our personal needs. it requires a full opening up to each other of our inmost thoughts and most secret problems. All barriers between us are swept aside. They have to be. Then we try to help each other get well. The A.A. fellowship is based on a sincere desire to help each other get well. The A.A. fellowship is based on a sincere desire to help the other person. In A.A. we can be sure of sympathy, understanding, and real help. These things make the A.A. fellowship the best that we know. Do I fully appreciate the depth of the A.A. fellowship?

Meditation for the Day

The Higher Power can guide us to the right decisions if we pray about them. We can believe that many details of our lives are planned by God and planned with a wealth of forgiving love for the mistakes we have made. We can pray today to be shown the right way. We can choose the good, and when we choose it, we can feel that the whole power of the universe is behind us. We can achieve a real harmony with God's purpose for our lives.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may choose aright today. I pray that I may be shown the right way to live today.

(Twenty-Four Hours a Day) Hazelden Foundation 2012
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

GREAT READ TODAY

I never had been to mental doctors , but after being in the program, I never could imagine paying more than a dollar for therapy.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
GREAT READ TODAY

I never had been to mental doctors , but after being in the program, I never could imagine paying more than a dollar for therapy.
I went to lots of those. Never was truly honest with them because then they would have said the depression and anxiety was fueled by my alcohol and drug use and that I shouldn't do that if I wanted to get better. I was constantly looking for some answer or cause besides the drugs. I was given diagnosis after diagnosis, but the only true cause in the end was substance use.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I was one of those guys that jumped into the steps before really jumping into the fellowship. I was (and still am!) a quiet type, and going around talking to others was something that frightened the hell out of me. So it's only now that I am getting a little bit deeper into the fellowship, in terms of being a truer part of it, gaining strength and inspiration from, and truly seeing others as I see myself.

As vital as the steps are, I am seeing that the fellowship is always there, and it's another place where I can draw from the well, in terms of experience, help and giving back to.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

lov this reading

especially this quote
We can choose the good, and when we choose it, we can feel that the whole power of the universe is behind us.

this is a real confidence builder
we cannot fail