Notices

As Bill Sees It

Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow As Bill Sees It

*~*~*~*~*^AsBill SeesIt^*~*~*~*~*
Random Quote - Never the Same Again

It was discovered that when one alcoholic had planted in the mind of another the true nature of his malady, that person could never be the same again. Following every spree, he would say to himself, "Maybe those A.A.'s were right." After a few such experiences, often before the onset of extreme difficulties, he would return to us convinced.
<<<>>>
In the first years, those of us who sobered up in A.A. had been grim and utterly hopeless cases. But then we began to have success with milder alcoholics and even some potential alcoholics. Younger folks appeared. Lots of people turned up who still had jobs, homes, health, and even good social standing.
Of course, it was necessary for these newcomers to hit bottom emotionally. But they did not have to hit every possible bottom in order to admit that they were licked.

1. TWELVE AND TWELVE, pp. 23-24 - 2. A.A. COMES OF AGE, p. 199
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I definitely believe I hit bottom emotionally. I believe in the story, "Women Suffer Too" she talks about your bottom only has to be when you stop digging.

As far as the top reading goes. Yeah, AA definitely ruined my drinking and drugging career after I had first been introduced to the program and fellowship. I was very resentful at you people for that, LOL! It was ALWAYS in the back of my head every time I got drunk or high that I shouldn't be doing what I was doing. A head full of AA and a belly full of booze don't mix. THANK YOU, AA!!!!