| Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community |
Already registered? Login above ---^
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.
|04-11-2004, 10:04 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Suggested Topics For Discusion Meetings
Suggested Topics For Discussion Meetings
Service Material from the General Service Office
1. The Twelve Steps
Some groups discuss one Step a week. If there is a newcomer attending for the first time, the group may change the topic to focus on the first three Steps.
2. The Twelve Traditions
Following the conclusion of the Step meetings, some groups will discuss the Traditions so that, every thirteenth meeting the group focuses on a Tradition.
3. The Big Book, Alcoholics Anonymous
Some groups discuss one chapter from the Big Book each week. Other groups read from the Big Book weekly and discuss each chapter as they go along.
4. Readings from As Bill Sees It can inspire sharing on discussion topics.
5. Living Sober also has many topics used by groups.
6. Some A.A. slogans can be used as topicsâ€”such as â€œLive and Let Live,â€? â€œEasy Does It,â€? â€œFirst Things First,â€? and â€œH.A.LT.â€? (Donâ€™t get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired).
SOME SPECIFIC TOPICS
2. Attitude of gratitude
3. Belief in a Higher Power
5. Contempt prior to investigation
9. Freedom through sobriety
10. Group inventory
16. Letting go of anger
17. Letâ€™s be friendly with our friends
18. Living one day at a time
19. Making amends
22. Participation and action
23. Patience and tolerance
24. Personal spiritual experience and spiritual awakening
25. Plan the action â€” not the result
26. Practice these principles in all our affairs
27. Principles before personalities
28. Projection â€” living in the wreckage of the future
30. Responsibility pledge
31. Rigorous honesty
35. Staying away from the first drink
37. Three Legacies â€” Recovery, Unity and Service
38. Twelfth Stepping
39. Twelve Concepts
40. Understanding Anonymity
41. Ways of carrying the A.A. message
42. What is sobriety
44. Working with others
Other topics may be found in the A.A. Grapevine monthly section on "Discussion Topics."
General Service Office
P.O. Box 459
Grand Central Station
New York, NY 10163
Keep Coming Back
|The Following User Says Thank You to The Jay Walker For This Useful Post:|| |
|Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers |
| Drug Rehab |
Best Treatment Center |
Detox Center |
Residential Treatment Center |
Cocaine/Crack Treatment | Alcohol Rehab | Heroin/Oxycontin Treatment Center | Crystal Meth Treatment | Marijuana Treatment | Methadone Treatment | Suboxone Treatment
|Local Treatment Resources and Events |
| Alabama |
Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine
Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire
New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island
South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennesee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming
| || |