Notices

Bored

Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Lightbulb Bored

Now that the physical side of me is much improved - sleep is ok since I quit taking the dental pills, eating well, staying hydrated, ....my calves are sore to the touch but getting better... my thighs aren't all weak any more...blablabla.
Overall I feel pretty good in the body dept.

I enjoy the sensory input I was ignoring before being inner focused on my alcohol consumption. Like wind, birds, food, you know - sensations that before used to either bug me or I just ignored.
"Those birds are so fricken LOUD!", for example.

Now I'm bored.
So I called my sponsor and told her. She said it is time to do more step work. We are getting together Friday.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know the 2 of you will be making progress...
Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by stairs View Post
Now I'm bored.
So I called my sponsor and told her. She said it is time to do more step work. We are getting together Friday.
Sounds about right......and sounds awfully familiar to how it went for me.

I tried "controlling my feelings/emotions better" for a while......that didn't work too well. LOL.

Digging deeper into the program, the book, the steps, and so forth worked pretty well though.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now that the physical side of me is much improved - sleep is ok since I quit taking the dental pills, eating well, staying hydrated, ....my calves are sore to the touch but getting better... my thighs aren't all weak any more...blablabla.
Overall I feel pretty good in the body dept.

I enjoy the sensory input I was ignoring before being inner focused on my alcohol consumption. Like wind, birds, food, you know - sensations that before used to either bug me or I just ignored.
"Those birds are so fricken LOUD!", for example.

Now I'm bored.
It's amazing how much I noticed when I stayed out of bars and got sober. I saw and heard things I'd never seen or heard before....at least that I could remember. Only one suggestion! Call your sponsor before you get bored. There's plenty of work to be done, believe me.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Boredom was -- and is -- very tough for this recovering alcoholic. But over time I got used to it being one of life's emotions. Get bored, do something.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Now I'm bored.
I got stuck working as an long-haul truck driver shortly after getting sober. Talk about BORING!

What I found to be surprisingly effective at emotional equanimity was steps 10 & 11 combined. In fact there is one half-paragraph that sums it up perfectly:

"Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help. Love and tolerance of others is our code."
(page 84)

Not to mention page 98 in the 12&12:

"There is a direct linkage among self-examination, meditation, and prayer. Taken separately, these practices can bring much relief and benefit. But when they are logically related and interwoven, the result is an unshakable foundation for life."
Old 04-11-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I haven`t been bored in a while.
on the light side

my mother in law who lives next door, has us tearing down a building.My wife has me painting.Next I have to build another building for my mom in law.I am a trucker,the man I get my work from wants me to work 8 days a week....lol

I think my boss,mom in law and wife has been reading the big book,especially the part that says "being of service".
They have increased my honeydew list ad infinitium it seems...lol
anyone wanna help?I`ll spring for lunch,breakfast,supper and all snacks...lol

that being bored....try to enjoy the thing because it will pass for sure

this too shall pass