Notices

Is it odd or is it God....

Old 12-08-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Is it odd or is it God....

I've been praying for big changes in my life for quite a while. Some of the things I've asked for have included:

1. a deeper and "better" relationship with God
2. a better ability to be helpful to the ppl in my life and the rest of God's kids
3. a better level of "financial sobriety."
4. a better understanding of what God's will for me IS and for the willingness to set aside my ideas, my prejudices, my wants, and so forth.
5. and the biggie: for God to just take over the management of my life, to lead me where He wants me to go and to keep on doing it even though I'm sometimes not sure I want Him to ( ).

Well....things have been changing....and I mean BIG TIME. I've been meaning to (read that to mean, intent with NO action yet.... ) sit down and start documenting all the things that have happened......mostly so I have a reference point for this period of time but also because my inventory shows me that I tend to forget stuff like this over time.

Along those lines though, the oddest thing has been happening lately.....regarding numbers. I'll look at the clock, no reason, just glance.....and it's 10:10, or 2:22, or 3:33..... go to Taco Bell and my bill is $5.55, look to see how long I've been on a call and it's 12min 34sec. Over and over and over and over.....and I'm not just saying a lot.....I'm seeing this stuff probably 7 - TWENTY times per day!

Maybe it has something to do with the "financial sobriety," maybe it's just a connnnnstant reminder that God's around me (or angels are around me), or maybe it's just a coincidence, although the frequency really blows the coincidence theory out of the water.

Anyway......just thought I'd post it and "put it out there." It's almost getting to be silly, it's happening so much. lol

(and yeah, I've checked out some sights on numerology.....most were a little to far out there for my tastes. )
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

LOL...

My own experience, and I also notice... On my bike... I will be going, say 12.2 mph up a hill and I am 12 miles into the ride and it's 12:20 PM... Seriously... Happens all the time because I ride the same route frequently at lunch... Hmmm... Must mean something!!

Interestingly this hill I ride up... At about the same time everyday... About 12 years ago, after my dad died suddenly and unexpectedly, while i was grieving his loss rather intensely ... At the crest a dog barked, the wind kicked up and I felt my dad's spirit move through me... And suddenly my heart felt lighter and the worst of my grief had lifted...

Coincidence... IDK... I don't care... It means something to me.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The better my program is the more coincidences happen. It's directly related to taking action and prayer (yes, agnostics can pray, lol). Whatever it is, my life is much much better. I flow through life instead of fighting internally.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Talking

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Along those lines though, the oddest thing has been happening lately.....regarding numbers. I'll look at the clock, no reason, just glance.....and it's 10:10, or 2:22, or 3:33..... go to Taco Bell and my bill is $5.55, look to see how long I've been on a call and it's 12min 34sec. Over and over and over and over.....and I'm not just saying a lot.....I'm seeing this stuff probably 7 - TWENTY times per day!

Anyway......just thought I'd post it and "put it out there." It's almost getting to be silly, it's happening so much. lol

(and yeah, I've checked out some sights on numerology.....most were a little to far out there for my tastes. )
Hey DayTrader,

What can I say?! LOL. That three number thing has been happening to me for years especially the clock thing hahahah. My wife and I are always noticing its 4:44 or whatever, lol.

In fact, my email address has a 444 in its address and has ever since I signed up here at SR

I have others with 444 and 555 as well HAHAHA

Is it Live or is it Memorex?!

I dunno. It's fun to play around with what is going on with all that, but its not something i get serious about, you know?

I'm glad to hear things have been changing BIG TIME time for you, as you say. Way cool!

Not sure what you're meaning about with intent but no action?

I like the phrase you just coined "financial sobriety".

Awesome.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Paying attention can be interesting. I see things I've not seen before.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post

I'm glad to hear things have been changing BIG TIME time for you, as you say. Way cool!

Not sure what you're meaning about with intent but no action?

I like the phrase you just coined "financial sobriety".
Well, maybe I should have been more specific.... What I really meant is changes is in the air, big time. I can feel things moving, getting odd phone calls, strange things falling into place.....or out of place......as if a path is being cleared (to where, I have NO idea). I'll report back as I get more clarity on what the hell I'm doing.....lol. Right now, I'm just trying to stay open to new possibilities, looking for doors opening and doors closing and so forth.

the Intent with no Action referred to my "intent" to document all the stuff that's been happening lately but.......I haven't done the actual pen-to-paper deal yet (hence, the frowning face).

And "financial sobriety" comes from my line of sponsorship. They talk about sobriety in all parts of our lives: marital sobriety, sexual sobriety, financial sobriety, spiritual sobriety, etc. -- we're using the old-time definition of sobriety: of sane mind and sound judgement. .........suffice it to say, I'm still a total newcomer in some of those areas. LOL.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
I've been praying for big changes in my life for quite a while. Some of the things I've asked for have included:

1. a deeper and "better" relationship with God
2. a better ability to be helpful to the ppl in my life and the rest of God's kids
3. a better level of "financial sobriety."
4. a better understanding of what God's will for me IS and for the willingness to set aside my ideas, my prejudices, my wants, and so forth.
5. and the biggie: for God to just take over the management of my life, to lead me where He wants me to go and to keep on doing it even though I'm sometimes not sure I want Him to ( ).

Well....things have been changing....and I mean BIG TIME. I've been meaning to (read that to mean, intent with NO action yet.... ) sit down and start documenting all the things that have happened......mostly so I have a reference point for this period of time but also because my inventory shows me that I tend to forget stuff like this over time.

Maybe it has something to do with the "financial sobriety," maybe it's just a connnnnstant reminder that God's around me (or angels are around me), or maybe it's just a coincidence, although the frequency really blows the coincidence theory out of the water.

i can relate.. yesterday i hit two meetings (it just worked out that way) BOTH times i read the reading from reflections titled "service" the part in the reading about getting our own house in order and clearing away the wreckage of our past REALLY stood out to me and where i'm at right now.. could it be God is listening to my prayers?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by 24hrsAday View Post
could it be God is listening to my prayers?
haaaa, oh heck yes He does. LOL......sometimes that seems like a positive and, oddly enough, sometimes it seems like a con. And what I mean by that is sometimes what we NEED is the opposite of what we WANT. I look at one of my "jobs" in spiritual growth as being a desire and willingness to accept what I get and try to not look at the possible positive side in all things.

Some of the best "answers" I got from prayers I'd made came in forms that, at first, seemed bad.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awakening...

I'm facing major decisions now. Huge. Looking everywhere for signs, guidance.
Going to be quiet now and listen to that small, still voice...
Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What about that old saying that everything happens in threes. Anyone found that to be true? I tend to think that everything is just a random walk. We apply our imput to life and we get our output, the yin and yang, the ebb and flow. I see little equanimity or fairness in the world as a whole so is God asleep at the wheel?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackToSquareOne View Post
I see little equanimity or fairness in the world as a whole so is God asleep at the wheel?
No, we are.....
Old 12-09-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

EDIT..lol..... I meant TO LOOK AT THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THINGS

-- I didn't mean "NOT" to look at the positive.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

Unity, Service & Recovery-the 3 parts of AA's triangle....

One night, as I was praying, my sweet cat was seeking attention by meowing and bumping into me. For kicks, I made a simple request that my HP let her know I loved her, but I needed some time. As I returned to my prayers, she stopped her sounds. I finished my prayers, I realized my cat was waiting patiently. I layed down & for the first time, my once hyper cat curled against me for her petting/attention. You had to be there... Just one small sample of coincidence in my life!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I believe strongly in the Universe and belief that we are all part of it. By acknowledging we are part of something MUCH bigger than ourselves, we can open ourselves to what is intended for us. Praying, meditation, reflection... All are part of being still. I believe when our minds are clear, we are powerless, we release our WILL, thing move on our behalf. Of course, sometimes the universe kicks our AS** when we cannot seem to get the subtle message These small signs ith the numbers and other coincidences are the Universe's way of connecting with us with gentle breezes. By acknowledging them, I believe the Universe acknowledges other needs in our life. Though, we may not understand at the time they are NEEDS, we may think they are the opposite because they are uncomfortable.
Keep the stillness and the openness to the doors, they do open!
Hugs
TT