Big Book Quote-Love and Tolerance

Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Arrow Big Book Quote-Love and Tolerance

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and
fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We
discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone
. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help. Love and tolerance of others is our code."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 1st. Edition,
Into Action, pg. 84
Old 07-13-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

love and tolerance are vital to my peace. I now realize that when I am upset, off the spiritual path it is my reaction that has caused it, not the situation. When I am affected I use the progrram and do a spot inventory, "why can I not accept this as it is, where am I selfish, fearful, and why am I upset?" I work through the disturbance in this way and generally ask for perspective from my circle of friends. Then I turn to see how I can be helpful, what can i give to the situation, I mean it is not just words on a page,right? Love and tolerance is our code, they are what we move in this world by. It is not self propulsion anymore I am on a whole new energy level. Love is me giving of myself, treating those the way i would want to be treated and tolerance is being able to withstand harsh treatment and accept a person as they are. A design for living that really works!