24 Hours A Day

Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Arrow 24 Hours A Day

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

Before alcoholics come into A.A., they are "flying blind." But A.A. gives
them a directed beam in the A.A. program. As long as they keep on this beam, the signal of sobriety keeps coming through. If they have a slip, the signal is broken. if they swing off course into drunkenness, the signal stops. Unless they regain the A.A. directed beam, they are in danger of crashing against the mountain peak of despair. Am I on the beam?

Meditation for the Day

Be expectant. Constantly expect better things. Believe that what God has in store for you is better than anything you ever had before. The way to grow old happily is to expect better things right up to the end of your life and even beyond that. A good life is a growing, expanding life, with ever widening horizons, an ever greater circle of friends and acquaintances, and an ever greater opportunity for usefulness.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may await with complete faith for the next good thing in store for me. I pray that I may always keep an expectant attitude toward life.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very cool thought and I can relate to it. I am the optimist and I believe that God has something for me to do every day. He is a giver and all I need He will provide. This was instilled in me by those in AA as I walked into the rooms. I mean they were shiny happy people and they said that God was doing for them what they could not do for themselves. The gifts of AA are numerous and all come down fom Him who presides over us. Most of my material desires have vanished and were replaced by contentment and peace. I am a well behaved man with alot to offer because it was offered to me first. I give of what has freely been given me and I can not say enough about the benefits of this way of life. Those around me hear me say frequently that a person does not know what tomorrow might bring. God loves surprises and making us smile and shake our heads at the same time. The best is always yet to come, the cup is always half full, it is always partly sunny, and this perspective is always a great gift.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are a few things I "know":

That I am exactly where I am meant to be at any particular point in time.

That where I am is a temporary situation and that there is always a lesson that can be found within that situation.

That I can expect a change in that situation if I work on it, but that I don't have expectations for the outcome. That I keep my hands off of.

The work that I do to change the situation brings me to a new outcome, which in reality, is what growth is all about.

My sober life has been quite an adventure, and I'm saying that in a good way.

I hope to grow each day until I draw my last breath. I want to "slide" into home plate, like the internet e-mail says, and wear my "purple" hat and eat off of the fine china I used to save just for company.

It's all there - we just have to ask for it and work towards it.