Notices

Charlie Parmley of Joe and Charlie tapes passed away

Old 04-23-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Thanks DT.

I have often wondered what his full last name was. He started out working with Joe McQ and found another Joe (McC) after joe died. Perhaps Joe McC will find another Charlie P.

I have listened to dozens of Joe & Charlie workshops but liked Charlie P best alone. He used to call himself an "AA Fundamentalist" and used the "G word" a lot more when he spoke as an individual. He used to say:

"So what if the G word scares the newcomer away, John Barleycorn will drive him right back anyway".
Old 04-24-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Charlie

I was given a set of Joe and Charlie 5 years ago and listen to the still every day. Their simplie way of "unlocking the scheme of the book" is suited perfectly to me. Our little town has a Joe and Charlie meeting every Friday night at 6:00 if your ever in Kerrville Texas on a Friday. Thanks Charlie for carrying the message. I accept full reponsability to carry on your tradition of carrying the message.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR dmckinnons....
Old 04-24-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i have joe and charlie on my iphone and listen to them from time to time...if im getting bent out of shape about anything its there to listen to...nice and simple.
what a legacy to have left behind.those men have helped thousands of alcoholics that complicate our simple program.
God bless Charlie...rest in peace.