Notices

forms for court

Old 02-08-2011, 12:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inafishbowl View Post
My attendance is completely for my own well being, not to manipulate the court. What is probably going to happen is mandatory anger management classes. This has never happened before and I wasn't exactly beating my husband. I was in a drunk blackout and pounding on his chest crying acting like an ass. My problem is alcohol and I'd prefer to be ordered to AA since that is where I need to be. I'll be attending regardless of what the court decides. Who would I ask to write a letter? A sponsor? It seems like they wouldn't accept that. Isn't that something easily faked?
Go to the anger management if they make you. My best friend did it, best decision she ever made. Learned more about herself in a few weeks than in years of therapy.

Don't try to control the direction of court. If they order you to 50 classes and not AA...still attend AA. Do what they want, make them go away and keep your sobriety. Then you'll never have to see them again and everyone will be happy.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bballdad View Post
I call this a discussion and one I got to enjoy after my rocky start

one question for the group
why do not those folks who want us to write letters,just go to the DA or judge and say
I have voluntary enrolled in a intensive,outpatient, long term treatment program?
instead of putting AA out there?
They might ask what program, etc...just sayin'. Esp if treatment is a part of her probation- they would want to verify that she is attending whatever treatment program it is, and it meets the requirements of the court.

That's why, IMO, it's best to let the court dole out whatever they see fit (most likely anger management class) and do AA on her own. If they want you to verify the AA attendance they will tell you. You can mention it to them if given an opportunity to speak in court.