Notices

A New Look At Step 10

Old 10-24-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening...

A New Look At Step 10

Step 10 states, "We continued to take inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."
Mostly this suggests we look for something "wrong." Yes, if we write a nightly two column inventory we write liabilities, (baddies), and assets (goodies), but we mostly end up looking looking for the bad, so we can promptly make amends.

That's the simple part to this step.

Now, here's the deeper meaning of Step 10, that I've discovered.

Continued to take inventory...
We look for things that are no longer in season, no longer useful, damaged goods, things that are no longer useful, to use the store inventory analogy.

When we are this far in our steps journey, we have been reborn. We are new people. We no longer have to live with shame, guilt, regret over past drinking behavior, no woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We have an invitation to live, fully and passionately. We live our lives with new values, and with purpose and meaning. There is a saying "Don't die with your music still inside you." We all have music inside of us, something that we are passionate about and the biggest tragedy is to die without letting that music come out.

So find that thing that just lights you up and live life to it's fullest potential.

I have to share this at a meeting tonight. The sponsor wants me to call Step 10.

All quotes-BB-1st. Edition

Last edited by CarolD; 10-24-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by WakeUp View Post

That's the simple part to this step.
I have found an even simpler way to work step 10:

Every time I make a decision, I ask myself - "How delusional is that?"

STUDENT: What part of man's thinking is delusional?
SRI NISARGADATTA MAHARAJ: 100% of it!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Originally Posted by Boleo View Post
I have found an even simpler way to work step 10:

Every time I make a decision, I ask myself - "How delusional is that?"

STUDENT: What part of man's thinking is delusional?
SRI NISARGADATTA MAHARAJ: 100% of it!
Then student, something is amiss with your practice. If you're engaged in the practice, you will awaken and see things as they really are. Then you will not have delusional thinking.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I question my motives before making decisions. With big decisions, I ask my sponsor to help me check my motives. Sometimes my thinking is really messed up and my rationalizations and justifications sound sane.

LOL...Im not always so good at the "promptly" part. I sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to just casually admit that Im wrong and apologize and not agonize over it.
My hubby isin the program too...so I figured that since he knew what the steps were...if I was wrong I could just say "I plead the 10th". Oyyy...when I told my sponsor that one, I got fine tuned in a hurry.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by WakeUp View Post
Then student, something is amiss with your practice. If you're engaged in the practice, you will awaken and see things as they really are. Then you will not have delusional thinking.
When the student surrenders all of his "Man Made" thinking, he will be left with the "Original Mind".