Notices

Why sobriety means so much to me!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Lightbulb Why sobriety means so much to me!

I can't speak for anyone on here but me. I pretty much messed up everything i did in life. My drinking played a big part of my not doing great my last few years in school. My drinking played a part in my dropping out my junior year in college. Drinking played a big part in my divorce, not seeing my kids. The drinking costs me thousands of dollars in wrecked cars and lawyer bills and court costs as well.

I no longer feel like a failure in life. My family life is pretty good today. I've gotten a better job since being sober. Any material thing I want I have or, I'm able to buy with in reason. My spiritual life is a good one today. I do owe that to God and to the AA program and S/R.

Life is good today
Old 05-03-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi Captain,

I don't have much time cuz we have to pack up our gear before we go to the hospital. We have been here three nights & my husband is much better even though we now know he has had two strokes...small. He hopes to get to go home today. But if not we are getting a motel closer to the hospital.

Now to Lulu,

I will post you later to give you a hug. You are doing some good thinking.

Shannon

I was a and too sick to make a good decision about the divorce.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

God speed on hubby's good health
Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am just now realizing and processing the wreckage of my past. (5 months May 11) I had a fat lawyer bill, an almost ruined marriage, an almost lost job and a nearly gone self.

I feel very grateful to be sober and to not have lost everything. I lover being sober. I am learning to love myself and how to treat people better. I don't always feel great, but actually experiencing feelings, good and bad, is what life is about.

AA is giving me the tools to live a happy and useful life. (I never thought I would say that. I hated AA at first) I am only on step 4, so I have a long way to go, hopefully I will grow in the program and continue to find it enriches my life.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
I no longer feel like a failure in life. My family life is pretty good today. I've gotten a better job since being sober. Any material thing I want I have or, I'm able to buy with in reason. My spiritual life is a good one today. I do owe that to God and to the AA program and S/R.

Life is good today
Captain - I want what you have. I'll continue to work the steps and do whatever it takes.

Thanks for this post.

Kjell
Old 05-03-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't want what I have, want what you have
Old 05-03-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was flipping through an old journal today and found this entry:

Some day in August, 2003

Waiting in the ER room at the hospital for my 11th or so detox . . . Need to convince Dr. Slaughter to admit me to detox again . . . I told him that I like his scrubs . . . A nurse will return in a moment with the Pope.

Sobriety is a beautiful thing, indeed!