Old 07-07-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
earlybird

Originally Posted by mygirls_mylife
I agree with Gary, sometimes jobs have plans implemented for Alcoholics and drug addicts where they will pay for rehab or treatment. I would contact your supe and be completely honest with him/her. Welcome to SR :-)

Thats only if you come to them BEFORE you do anything like stealing or showing up drunk. You cant show up drunk,...get caught,....then say "Oh!....but I have a problem" They will just assume that had you not gotten caught,....you would miraculously not have a problem. Thats what happened to me. I showed up loaded. Went to the bar for lunch. Someone saw me nodding off in my cubicle. They went and told the GM. The GM called me into the office and sent me for an alcohol screening. Obviously I failed miserably. He took the weekend to get the results back,...then called me that following Monday and fired me. I told him I had a problem and asked if it would make a difference if I asked the company for help. He told me that, that kind of help is reserved for people who come to them looking for help,...not looking to salvage their job. He also told me its the law. Companies do not have to keep an employees job unless they come to them before an incident takes place. I asked an attorney. He agreed.