View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 07:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Michael22

Thanks All

for the positive input.

Yesterday was my day off and a usually big drinking day for me. I like to cook and use to drink while I did. So I cooked but had my glass of water instead of a drink - and some munchies too. I'm trying to be smoke free as well - so yesterday I had to get a little creative and change or be aware of past behaviors.

I've been able to substitute positive behaviors in places were I'm aware of the negative behaviors were. Yesterday I had to do that with cooking dinner - since my wife was out of town all week I was able to readjust to fit my needs while by myself. Now back to the old routine but with different behaviors.

The monday before I had things to do so I was preocccupied - but yesterday - being a rainy day and all - well you know the drill. I would drink all day while I cooked and cleaned the house. So I drank tea! or water.

So today is Tuesday - and I can function!!! Yeah!!! No hangover ( is that what that was?? I was more like a zombie on Tuesdays - until I got home and got my fix) - I'll drive into work today feeling great!!!

I've also been treating myself to different things when I go shopping. Candies - sweets - different cereals and foods - things that dont compliment a glass of wine - but more complimentary with a cup of tea. One of the reasons I've been doing more vegetarian dishes and oriental stir fry.

I have to laugh at myself as I look at myself - reaching for a smoke thats not easily accesable - or a glass of wine or scotch - all things that were part of past behaviors - behaviors I'm changing for the psoitive ( ok ok - the smoking is being a challenge!! - LOL )

I remind myself - I am alcohol free and feeling healthy and energetic and calm and focused and cheerful ( must be cheerful - or whats the point? ) and aware that I am alive. What a gift for me to be free from that hell of alcohol. It may not be a hell for other people who may be able to partake and enjoy it - I may not do that any more. Just wont work for me - and I have accepted that. Kinda like a person who develops an allergy to say shellfish - but they loved it - but they cant eat it anymore because they will get ill.

All things in context.

Anyway - thanks for all the positive input - I rambled enough

Thanks for letting me respond and share

Hope you all have a great day

Positive energy to all

peace and love
michael