View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Gotta tell you Taiman, I dont' think anyone is discounting that sexual abuse is a horible thing, it is just that you seem to be using it to promote your anti-AA agenda again. Now you don't have to go into the whole thing about how you used to hold a million different positions in AA and all of that, because I really don't care. As 2Stop pointed out sexual predators are everywhere, including AA meetings. There are thousands, if not millions of sexual predators on-line, but that doesn't keep me off line, I am just cautious of how I handle myself. I do find it interesting that all of the people who have replied thusfar to your post, myself included, (with the exception of JustMe) are not in the AA camp at all. BSP hangs her hat with SMART, 2stop and I kind of work our own mix of "programs" (hope I'm not speaking out of turn here 2stop). I just find it annoying when people who have an obvious ax to grind use articles like this to attempt to prove their point. Instead of putting AA down, why don't you work to improve the visibility of other options. Just a thought. I'm sure this will quickly deginerate into a flame war and the thread locked shortly. Just my 2 cents.