View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aasharon90

Smile Affects Of Drinking Alcohol

Hi, Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

Glad u r here and thanks for ur share.

I would drink for a few days or so and get drunk with a hangover. No more for me for awhile. Just didnt like woozy feeling i had. All that spinning in my head. Then after that episode wore off then off to the store i went to get something GOOD TO DRINK...Maybe i will find something good to watch on tv tonight, snuggle up in my favorite chair had pour me a beautiful glass of dark red wine. Hmmm yum. One drink, 2, 3, 4, 5, ok, its not late yet. A Few more....ok everyone is asleep so i think i will run across the street and visit my neighbor. How Exciting and Daring that was. Sneak in, no one disturbed and im numb as can be. Off to bed the, fall in. Whew....Made it thru that one and repeat the same thing for awhile. Then get sick and NO MORE. And the cycle continues on till i end up in rehab after my family did an intervention on me back in Aug.90.

Drinking numbed my feelings, thoughts, view of myself and others around me. Everything was Distorted in my mind. When i got sober and the fog cleared and the layers of peeling slowly fell off me, i began to see the damage and distruction Alcohol had played in my life.

During my drinking career i drank, sober up, drank sober up and on and on. It was taking its toll on me physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. I could see the puffiness from weight gain. My eating habits werent the same as i drank more to achieve the feelings i wanted. Drinking caused arguements, fears, selfishness, selfloathing and everything else.

Then my actions and behavior spoke volumns. Drinking drunk...staying out late, getting into a horrble accident and finally trying to end my miserable life.

Alcohol affected every aspect of my life untill the day i entered rehab and had the DESIRE to stop drinking. I was sick and tired, beaten down so low that i had no where else to go or anyone else to turn to. Rehab for 28 days set me on the path of a new beginning. A life without alcohol. The tools to guide me and lead me to a more rewarding way of life.

There r ups and downs in recovery and people say that its the same in normal life. Learning to accept people places and things as they are suppose to be. To believe in a Power Greater than urself to help u stay sober. There are many wonderful helpful tools here in recovery to help u live a better way of life. For me to drink is to die. I was almost there and now i dont think i have it in me to go back thru it again. Hearing how people return out there drinking and come back in to say that its not better and nothing has changed, just confirms that im in a much better place today than any of those old drinking days back then.

Look at ur cavings and obsessions when u drink and stop. Are the cravings and obsessions stronger than before?

Thanks for letting me share.